New Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I picked up a new Remington 870P Police Marine Magnum through Davidson's. Remington only makes a couple of production runs of this gun every year. They are not regularly produced like the Special Purpose Marine Magnum. I've had an E-Mail notification with Davidson's for months on this shotgun. They finally got a small shipment of them. I jumped on it.

The Police Marine Magnum has all of the upgraded parts all the Police Models get. No MIM parts, polished barrel, chamber and receiver, and an all metal trigger group. The standard grade Marine Magnum is built on the Express receiver, and has an MIM extractor, and not milled, and has a Polymer trigger group. It also has a bead front sight, as opposed to the Police Marine Magnum which has fully adjustable rifle sights. It also comes with a padded Uncle Mikes sling. The Police Marine Magnum also has larger, stiffer trigger and magazine springs. The magazine spring in the Police Marine Magnum is also Electroless Nickel plated to prevent rust.

It is built in the same area, and by the same people all the Police Models are built at the Ilion, New York plant. And is completely hand inspected and test fired before being boxed and shipped. The standard Marine Magnum is built on the Express assembly line. I'm excited to get this weapon, because as I mentioned they are very difficult to find. You can find a few on Gun Broker, and Guns America. But you have to be careful because while some are advertised as Police Marine Magnums, they are not. The order number must say 25047 on the end flap of the box. The standard grade Marine Magnum is order number 25012.

This is a beautiful shotgun. First off, the trigger group IS ALUMINUM, and not Polymer. So, for the record it appears that the Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum ships with an Aluminum trigger group. I can't speak for the other 870 Police Models.

The gun comes packaged with a Butler Creek Ultra Sling with sewn in swivels. The action is nice and tight. This gun needs a good lubing, and a case of high brass shells run through it. Somehow I think I'll be able to manage that. I really like the stock rifle sights. They are easy and quick to pick up when shouldering the weapon.

The Electroless Nickel finish is very attractive and slick. It has the appearance of a bead blasted finish, and is very uniform both inside and out. All in all I'm very satisfied. If this thing shoots as good as it looks, I'll be very happy. Here are some real quick, (and not so clear), pics.

G7UWdhE.jpg

1Cu60L0.jpg

5eoZCDt.jpg

Just in case anyone is interested. This is the sticker on the end of the shipping carton the gun comes in. As I mentioned above, for the gun to be a Police Marine Magnum, it must have the 25047 Order Number. If the Order Number is 25012 it is NOT a Police Marine Magnum, but rather a Special Purpose Marine Magnum. This is the only way to correctly identify the Police Grade of the Remington Model 870 Police Marine Magnum.

IEWE7No.jpg

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been kicking around getting a shotgun.. No home is complete without one I suppose.. Bouncing around between a standard style (Remington/Mossberg) and VEPR.. Do I need to order one of these though my FFL if I want one from Davidson's?

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've been kicking around getting a shotgun.. No home is complete without one I suppose.. Bouncing around between a standard style (Remington/Mossberg) and VEPR.. Do I need to order one of these though my FFL if I want one from Davidson's?

Yes. You click on "Gun Genie". From there it will ask for your Zip Code, and then it will display several dealers in your area that will handle the transaction for you through Davidson's. You can shop for price simply by looking at your monitor. When you find the place and price you are happy with, just click on, "Accept Offer". It will charge a deposit to your credit card, and ship the gun to your dealer. Within a couple of days the dealer will call you, and you drive over, fill out the 4473 form like you would at any other gun shop, pay the balance, and drive home with your new gun.

And the best thing is any gun you buy from Davidson's, regardless of make, is covered by their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty for as long as you own it. Much like a Craftsman Tool. Davidson's is the only distributor in the country that offers this.

But they don't get the Police Marine Magnum in stock very often, because Remington only makes a few production runs a year of them. But you can click on, "Stock Watch", and supply them with your E-Mail address. And they will notify you when they get any in stock. Sometimes it takes a while. I waited several months before they notified me. I then immediately ordered one, and had it within 48 hours.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That is a very nice 870! Can this model be ordered with either a bead front sight or a ghost ring set?

The Police Marine Magnum, (#25047), comes with fully adjustable rifle sights. The Special Purpose Marine Magnum, (#25012), comes with a bead front sight. I don't think either one is available with Ghost Ring sights from the factory on these 2 models. However you could add them later if you so chose to.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes. You click on "Gun Genie". From there it will ask for your Zip Code, and then it will display several dealers in your area that will handle the transaction for you through Davidson's. You can shop for price simply by looking at your monitor. When you find the place and price you are happy with, just click on, "Accept Offer". It will charge a deposit to your credit card, and ship the gun to your dealer. Within a couple of days the dealer will call you, and you drive over, fill out the 4473 form like you would at any other gun shop, pay the balance, and drive home with your new gun.

And the best thing is any gun you buy from Davidson's, regardless of make, is covered by their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty for as long as you own it. Much like a Craftsman Tool. Davidson's is the only distributor in the country that offers this.

But they don't get the Police Marine Magnum in stock very often, because Remington only makes a few production runs a year of them. But you can click on, "Stock Watch", and supply them with your E-Mail address. And they will notify you when they get any in stock. Sometimes it takes a while. I waited several months before they notified me. I then immediately ordered one, and had it within 48 hours.

I tried going to Gun Genie and just got a pop-up. I am not a registered dealer/ffl. Do I need to register somewhere to get the appropriate info to come up instead of the pop-up?

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I tried going to Gun Genie and just got a pop-up. I am not a registered dealer/ffl. Do I need to register somewhere to get the appropriate info to come up instead of the pop-up?

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/instructions.aspx

The above page has a video that explains everything. You do not have to be an FFL dealer to purchase from Davidson's Gallery Of Guns. It is designed for consumer sales through an accredited dealer that participates in the program. You need to establish an account with an E-Mail address and a password. The pages shown in the link above show you how to do this.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/instructions.aspx

The above page has a video that explains everything. You do not have to be an FFL dealer to purchase from Davidson's Gallery Of Guns. It is designed for consumer sales through an accredited dealer that participates in the program. You need to establish an account with an E-Mail address and a password. The pages shown in the link above show you how to do this.

Got it figured out.. Thank ya, sir.

Latest posts

Top Bottom