New Roof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going to have to get a new roof, some siding, and guttering after the hail storm last month. We had laminated shingles on and are going to upgrade to Class 4 Impact Resistant shingles. After talking to our insurance agent the additional cost will be payed back in 3 years if we don't have another claim. These shingles are supposed to survive golf ball size hail without any damage. If you need a new roof I recommend that you check with your insurance agent about these shingles.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know who your agent is, but I would get that cost savings quote in writing before you spend the extra cash for IR shingles.

The good thing is, after installing IR roofing, if you have full replacement coverage on your roof, the insurance co. will pay to replace with IR when the roof is totaled next time.

They test IR shingles by dropping a 2" steel ball from a certain height, so they are not actually rated to withstand golf ball size hail, because hail can come down at different speeds, and different angles, so who knows what will happen in a real Oklahoma hailstorm.

They should keep you from having to replace your roof as often, but there are no guarantees.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad is a roofer and did peanuts roof. He can give you a free estimate if you call him. His name is Paul, just say that his son told you about him and ur from OSA

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My new roof goes on next week. Certainteed Landmark IR and my Insurance Agent (State Farm) has already submitted the changes to the head office. This is a Class 4 Shingle and I am looking forward to having them installed. I will keep you posted ........

Latest posts

Top Bottom