New Sig Gsg 1911 .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my Sig 1911 from Sooner State Pawn on the 26th for a really good deal. I've already shot 700 rounds through the thing and it is awesome. Shoots straight and very low recoil which is expected I guess. The only problem I had was the first 500 rounds of Winchester. A lot of failure to feeds. However I think that was the ammo and not the gun. CCI's shoot just fine along with Federal bulk 333 box. The only complaints I have about about the gun is the mag safety (stupid), and the slide stop is starting to show wear. I removed the mag safety which is super easy, and I'm thinking about anodizing the slide to make it more durable. Anyone have thoughts on that? Anyways. Here's some pictures. Sorry for the bad lighting.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Picked up my Sig 1911 from Sooner State Pawn on the 26th for a really good deal. I've already shot 700 rounds through the thing and it is awesome. Shoots straight and very low recoil which is expected I guess. The only problem I had was the first 500 rounds of Winchester. A lot of failure to feeds. However I think that was the ammo and not the gun. CCI's shoot just fine along with Federal bulk 333 box. The only complaints I have about about the gun is the mag safety (stupid), and the slide stop is starting to show wear. I removed the mag safety which is super easy, and I'm thinking about anodizing the slide to make it more durable. Anyone have thoughts on that? Anyways. Here's some pictures. Sorry for the bad lighting.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I like...gotta get me one of those :)

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine as a Christmas present from my dad. What a cool guy. He picked it up at H&H.

It's been so busy around here, I have yet to shoot mine. Thanks for the range report.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ZZB_122011064_1.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ZZB_122011101_2.jpg

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, I think I commented on your other thread about it. Any plans to mod it once you get bored shooting .22s? Lol. I think I wanna look into anodizing the slide once the finish wears off. I'm a little concerned about the slide stop wearing out. I've read anodizing is supposed to make the surface of aluminum harder, but I haven't heard of anyone trying it. You'res is the first OD Green Sig I've seen. I honestly didn't know they even came in that color. You need to get out and shoot it man, you'll have a blast! Btw, if you plan on modding it, search 1911 gsg mods in Google and the first result on 1911forums has a lot of pictures to give you ideas.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*update* went and shot some federal 550 bulk. a lot of ft feed i noticed the 550 pack is 36gr and not 40 gr like the federal white box 333. plus the white box is made for semi autos.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered some extra gsg/sig 1911 mags from joeboboutfitters.com... $30 each w/ free shipping (if you buy 4+ mags) + coupon code "slickguns" for 5% off the total. If you search around you can add a free t-shirt to your cart as well.

Because a semi-auto without a bucket of mags... well, the thought just makes me sad. I hope this helps somebody else out.

Also-- the Sig/GSG is at least 87% better than the Chiappa/Puma 1911. You have chosen well :thumbup3:

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
87%? I'd say 100% better, 80% of the gun is interchangeable with a full size 1911. Basically everything on the frame is pretty much interchangeable. Even some things on the slide are too. But yea DEFINITELY worth the extra cost over a Chiappa/Puma. The price was cheaper than the selling cost at a well known gun store in OKC. I don't wanna say exact cause they cut me the deal. I love the gun. Thinking about getting a fiber optic front sight. I can't leave well enough alone. BTW, CCI makes a BIG difference in the accuracy of this pistol compared to the Federal white box. And the CCI 36gr shot, but not the Federal bulk ammo so I guess it's kinda a crap shoot.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my new GSG 1911-22 to the range today and we put almost 400 rounds thru it. Awesome gun. Mines the one with the rail and fake suppressor. I didn't shoot any with the fake can on today, but it shoots nice the regular way. Also if anybody get the one with a rail it won't fit in regular 1911 holsters because the rail is an aftermarket style rail. Remove the 2 screws that hold it on and it fits in my serpas just fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom