New Sig Gsg 1911 .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Just picked up my new GSG 1911 this evening. Looks pretty good. I'm pleased.

Now I need to go shoot it :)

i1196.photobucket.com_albums_aa418_muscam1_IMG_1103.jpg

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up the tactical version from Sooner State Pawn last week, love it, FYI you can buy mags locally from academy and h&h. The sig is just a re-branded gsg so they take the same mags, a little pricey at h&h but i picked up an extra from them. Academy has them for about $5 cheaper but they were all sold out at every store i contacted. As far as the gun goes, I love it, but yes i do have concerns with the wear as well. As far as ammo goes Ill only shoot CCI Mini Mags. Put some Federal and winchester through and had frequent ftfs. So now i just pick up mini mags at walmart.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the Federal Automatch ammo from Walmart, 40 gr solids. Comes in a box of 325; costs about the same as the bulk pack of 500-550, but I never have a problem with them. They run just as well as CCI Mini-Mags for me and a lot cheaper to boot. My .22 semi-autos despise any Winchester .22; (as do I)...ymmv. I have also had good results with the Federal Lightning ammo; also 40 gr solids. Remington Golden Bullets? For me; they run about as well as Winchester rimfire ammo; like crap. Nice pistol by the way; probably my next buy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hmm i was about to try the federal automatch.......maybe i should stick to mini mags now, how much the box of 325 typically run?
I have bought it at Wally for like $15 for a box of 325...I don't find it that dirty really and it sure runs nice in my semi-autos.

BobbyJuice

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
actually picked up a box of the automatch today from walmart on the way to sgt everetts, not a fan of the automatch. went through 100 winchester super x's and actually had no problems, first time i ran through super x's i had around 5 ftfs per 100 rounds, none this time. then i opened up the automatchs and honestly with every mag i ran through my gsg nearly always the first 3 rounds either failed to eject or stovepiped. will go back to cci's or winchester super x's and just make sure its not a mag problem when im at the range next. oh and btw walmart has a box of 500 super x's for $24.97 and i regret not getting them but will pick up a few boxes next time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom