New Source for Lead Shot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would take that pile and load it. IF you got really concerned, screen it and seperate the sizes. Probably 7 1/2, 8 and 9 make up the majority; but there is 6s, maybe even 5s and 4s in there, too.
Very little deformation and nothing that will matter to clay birds or cowboy shooting.
I would be hesitant to hunt any game, unless the 8s and 9s were seperated.
I’d load it too.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would take that pile and load it. IF you got really concerned, screen it and seperate the sizes. Probably 7 1/2, 8 and 9 make up the majority; but there is 6s, maybe even 5s and 4s in there, too.
Very little deformation and nothing that will matter to clay birds or cowboy shooting.
I would be hesitant to hunt any game, unless the 8s and 9s were seperated.
I’m sure you are right. Worst case, wash it and re-graphite the shot. But, our grounds guy would be very upset - they are like pets to him and he mows around the pile 😀

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if those ants died of lead poisoning?
I’ve wondered the same thing. When we did the lead reclamation project we found a bunch of snakes in holes in a drainage ditch in the shot fall area. Fortunately, it was February and the snakes were not moving. I just knew we would find some kind of Copperheaded Rattle Moccasin living in the lead. 😀

Latest posts

Top Bottom