Kids playing battleship with 22’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did some shooting in this awesome weather today. I bought these battleship targets several months back and finally remembered to take them with us. 2 of my daughters went went along. They both shot about 50 rounds to warm up. They were shooting 60yds. The little girl Clara has spent way more time at the range with me in the last year so during warmups I caught on what was going on but said nothing. In warmups I was checking their groupings and dialing their scopes accordingly. Well, I never made an adjustment for Clara because she wasn’t shooting a consistent group that would tell me what needed corrected. We got the older daughter dialed in very well. They agreed that little Clara would shoot green and Lyla would shoot red. Then the competition between the two began. Clara got the win by one shot. (Lyla did finish out her target you’ll see in pictures) We asked Clara if she had sandbagged in practice to give her older sister a false sense of security. Clara replied, “Welp, I hate to tell you this but yep!” LMAO. This kid cracks me up. Her momma says she’s spent too much time with me. As for the guns the were shooting. Clara was shooting a ruger precision rimfire and Lyla was shooting a Bergara b14r. Half of practice they shot remington golden bullets to knock the edge off and then the second half of practice and competition was shot with CCI standard velocity. Clara is 8yo and Lyla is 14yo. This was very fun and I’m sure we will play this game much more. We played with the rule if the shot breaks the colored dot it’s a kill.
0C8DDF8F-B50D-4183-A0C3-DFB623716B51.jpeg
271229B0-B944-43F2-ABED-4B27DD7F47D9.jpeg
AE20FDE6-49DE-41B4-AA53-0E3884EA86D4.jpeg

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic !!! Very good idea adding realism thru gunfire to a classic war game. I sure miss shooting with my kids ( now grown ) and also proud of their continued hunting. I hope those two girls continue to be shooters, either competitive or in the hunting sports. Your making stronger, more confident, self assured young ladies. Good Job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom