New Taurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I were out yesterday evening. When we drove by Academy it made me think of a deal I had read about, the PT-101 for 299. I figured they had probably sold out of them, but my wife wanted to stop in a check just in case. They still had them. Picked one up along with some ammo. Cant wait to get it out to the range.

When I got home, I found an IWB holster here that fits it very well and tried it. It is a large gun but conceals pretty well...I have plenty of oversized shirts for concealing. Definitely not an everyday gun, especially when the weather warms up but should be a good option when I am able to dress around the gun.

The magazine capacity is stated as 16 rounds, but I am only able to get 15 in it...maybe when it breaks in a little I can get 16 in it, but 15 is not too shabby.

They do lube them well at the factory, took a few minutes to get all the excess gunk wiped off.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked one of these up a week ago and it may be one of the best purchases I have made, not because the gun itself is that great (but it is) but because of the price. I have gone to the range and was very impresses with this gun. My buddy, who dislikes Taurus in general, bought one too and then bought a 2nd one after a visit to the range. The PT101 is an outstanding gun, you have done very well!

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
academy also has their Smith and Wesson SW40VE and SW9VE sigmas on sale for $299 and if you buy before April, there is a $50 mail-in rebate. Again, not the greatest gun around, but it is a S&W for basically $249 after rebate and 16 rd capacity on 9mm and 14 rd capacity on .40. Not bad for the money.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad has one of those Taurus' that looks like the 92FS and it's a pretty good shooting gun. It's tough to go wrong with a handgun from a major manufacturer for $300.

I didn't realize the Sigma's were that cheap now. I used to have one and wasn't too crazy about it, but I'll keep that in mind because if somebody doesn't have anything at all that's pretty inexpensive and while it's got the weird trigger - in my experience it's still a reliable shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom