New York Mayor Want Large Sugary Drinks Banned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please don't sell short the capability of people to support darn near anything they want on one hand while vehemently opposing people doing logically similar things on the other hand.

We also, as a people, tend to make many poor or misleading analogies to fume over.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sanjuro,

I agree with you that this is a ridiculously intrusive rule and should be rescinded. But are you really saying that because you can't buy a larger than 16 oz soda at certain kinds of stands/restaurants (you could still buy one in a store) you would avoid visiting the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the American Museum of Natural History, vist our nation's first capitol or see a live Yankees Baseball game - assuming that you otherwise would like to do any of those things.

It's your money but your reaction seems disproportionate.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. It's not just THIS law. New York City is a prime example of it's leaders infected with the idea that government and laws are a cure-all for whatever ills society has. I won't go there because of their gun laws, their tax laws, their inflated prices as well and this is coming from a NY Yankees fan!!! I really hope that OKC becoming a "big league city" does not have these things in OUR future. There are better solutions for the citizens to better their community by getting them to participate voluntarily and having them get invested in it. This "be healthy or else" bullcrap sounds like something Fidel Castro would do.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sanjuro,

I agree with you that this is a ridiculously intrusive rule and should be rescinded. But are you really saying that because you can't buy a larger than 16 oz soda at certain kinds of stands/restaurants (you could still buy one in a store) you would avoid visiting the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the American Museum of Natural History, vist our nation's first capitol or see a live Yankees Baseball game - assuming that you otherwise would like to do any of those things.

It's your money but your reaction seems disproportionate.

Cool stuff, too bad the people in charge have infested the place with libtard thought. I will avoid NYC so long as Bloomie is in power. There are plenty of other cool places to visit that don't have a raging magalomaniac running things. :(

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I also believe that it is OK for overweight folks to have to pay more for insurance or maybe have to buy 2 airline seats or buy in business class, etc.

Private insurance companies used to do just that, if they would cover you at all. I applied for coverage years ago when my employer did not provide health insurance. I was a little heavier than their charts liked (never mind that I was running six miles three or four times a week) and they offered me coverage at a much higher rate because of 20 pounds they didn't like. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom