Newest Commercial Pilot in the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At least, I was as of an hour ago. I passed my Commercial Airplane Single-Engine land checkride today. 2 weeks off, then starting on my multi-engine commercial training.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! A future flying cancelled checks and body parts awaits! Are you trying to make a living doing this. Most people think all the Airline guys are retired military... they really don't know how hard it is for a civilian to get a job in commercial aviation.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats! A future flying cancelled checks and body parts awaits! Are you trying to make a living doing this. Most people think all the Airline guys are retired military... they really don't know how hard it is for a civilian to get a job in commercial aviation.

I'm keeping my options open and my expectations low. :) If it turns out I can make a living at it, I'll do it. If I end up not being able to, I'm trying to keep myself in a position to make a living outside of aviation. Even if I just flight instruct on the side of some other job, I'd be ok with that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!

A buddy of mine has his commercial, multi engine, IFR even a float plane rating and I don't even know what all else. He's always going for something new and is almost an instructor. He's still looking for a way to make a living at it. He just bought a super nice Beechcraft for a song. Fast little sucker too. Keep at it, it'll happen eventually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom