Nfa gun trust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It only costs a few hundred bucks if you get lawyer to get it done.
You can go to Office Depot and get a program that will walk you through it and it covers all 50 states so when you punch in what state you are in you get the right forms to fill out.

The big secret to a trust is once it is set up you need to transfer everything you own into it...Houses, cars, bank accounts, and make the trust the beneficiary to your life insurance.
you will make out a will that basicly states that upon your death everything that you forgot to put into the trust is now to be put into the trust.
Make yourself and your wife trustees...that means you will own the trust and can do anything you want with whatever is in the trust. Make your next of kin the secondary trustees so in case anything happens to you they will be in charge of the trust, it does not go to probate because they will already automatically own it. except anything that you forgot to put into the trust.

Make it a revocable living trust so you can keep adding things to it and take things out of it and keep the name short because you have to use the entire name of the trust when filling out forms. (there is not a lot of room on an nfa form for the name.)

Now the lawyers will chime in here and tell you that I am 99.825% wrong and without their guidance you WILL mess things up..Get a book and study before you believe them.

Baron Driver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now the lawyers will chime in here and tell you that I am 99.825% wrong and without their guidance you WILL mess things up..Get a book and study before you believe them.

Do you perform your own surgery too?

Say what you will, but if it could affect your life, liberty, or fortune don't you think you should consult a professional?

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both....an LLC and a Trust. The LLC I did years ago when I lived in Texas...it was, at that time the only one promoted for NFA/Class III. I closed it last year.

When I moved back to Oklahoma, I had Martin Sharp write one up for me. I can't remember the cost, but it was cheaper than the LLC.

Martin Sharp is or was in North OKC and a member of this board. Maybe Major Malfunction would chime in?? I'd post in the NFA section who does trusts and how much.

Cobiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom