NO BRAKES !! in my 57 chevy. At a bad moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was heading to lunch with MoBoost and friends i came upon a yellow light and I was a ways back and hit the brakes and she slowed and leaned in them harder and POP! to the floor it went.

No casualties:)

Coasted into a parking lot etc etc.. Fluid soaked front tire. It Emptied the single reservoir master cylinder in less time than a 243 can hit a gong 50 yards out.

The guys at Abel Racing got me back going.. after we had a great lunch of course.

I did stick it on the dyno and she had too much timing and was too lean in power mode.
Excellent in part throttle cruise mode...

So i changed rear jets today and purchased a 67 camaro dual reservoir master cylinder and some lines and fittings to make the situation that happened not happen again.

Will be cooking some deer meat outside and playing with my busted car.
Soon i will make another trip to see MoBoost and his dyno...:)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys..Yep he is busy tuning vetts and things and does not play here much.

Pulled out early at 4000 rpm and it was like 173 hp and 200 tq something like that.
I am hoping for 200hp at the wheels.. really would like 220hp that way it is about on par with a 5.3LS

Just a 350 with 305 heads and 260 comp [email protected] and .440" lift.. and with stock gm 1.5 rockers that usually check at 1.38-1.45 it will not get near that .440 lift.

But cruise AFR was something like 15.0 i think full throttle AFR was 18+

Latest posts

Top Bottom