No More Hand Mixing Concrete...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this Yardmax 4.0 cu ft cement mixer at HD since it was on sale. The sale price and a small discount made it irresistible since I'd been wanting one for a while. It seems to be pretty well constructed and should easily mix 3 60-lb bags of concrete. I'm about to put it to use on several little projects around the homestead.

It's a little loud and has an annoying rattle...but apparently that's normal for this model.

View attachment 438242

How much was the mixer?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much was the mixer?

$261 out the door. Gets pretty decent reviews, too. There are lots of them on the market but this seemed like the most bang for the buck.

Will you be helping Suckerburg build his irobot cave in Hawaii?

Seriously? You think if I could afford to go to Hawaii I'd go to mix concrete? Hard pass on that.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this Yardmax 4.0 cu ft cement mixer at HD since it was on sale. The sale price and a small discount made it irresistible since I'd been wanting one for a while. It seems to be pretty well constructed and should easily mix 3 60-lb bags of concrete. I'm about to put it to use on several little projects around the homestead.

It's a little loud and has an annoying rattle...but apparently that's normal for this model.

View attachment 438242

Wish I had one of those a year ago. Had 40 of those same bags. Used a hoe and tub in the corse of a day. About wore my back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah... Big shot YT star. Me and my 30-something subscribers. Most of them are friends/family that feel sorry for me.

I just do the YT thing because it's easier to share videos with friends/family rather than sending a crappy auto-resized video with my phone that no one can see.

Here is mine, but I don't post much there. I've found that I can post videos to my Smugmug account, so at some point, I may delete the posts at YouTube. As you know, clicking on "Videos" lets one see all the videos, whereas, the first page only shows a few.

Oh, and now you all know my first name if you click on the link.

Terry Miller's YouTube Channel

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next up will be a double wheel barrow or even a powered one.

If you have a big job (big for self mixed) you should look into buying sand/gravel mix and bagged cement

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom