No More Hand Mixing Concrete...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this Yardmax 4.0 cu ft cement mixer at HD since it was on sale. The sale price and a small discount made it irresistible since I'd been wanting one for a while. It seems to be pretty well constructed and should easily mix 3 60-lb bags of concrete. I'm about to put it to use on several little projects around the homestead.

It's a little loud and has an annoying rattle...but apparently that's normal for this model.

View attachment 438242

Get a bag of portland concrete and add a shovel full to each bag of that quickcrete you will get a better quality concrete that will set up harder

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a bag of portland concrete and add a shovel full to each bag of that quickcrete you will get a better quality concrete that will set up harder

I'm sure it would. But for me there's no need to make it that complicated. I just need decent mud that'll stand up to walking. Pretty sure regular concrete mix will do just fine for what I want.

I might get one of those.
i've mixed 6 pallets of bag concrete by hand!
IT SUCKS.
i did a 22x24 garage and a pretty good size barn floor 15 years ago.
ugh

This machine thoroughly mixes 3 60-lb bags in 3 to 4 mins. I've seen guys do really large pads with them and it's impressive. Not the fastest in the world but it gets the job done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up, I remember we had a electric one.

Never saw it used, then it just disappeared!

I think it would be nice to have something big enough to do a few cubic yards at a time, but am afraid it would be too costly.

Think it would be nice to have a 3 point pto model too!

Have some friends that are always doing some bag concrete projects and baffles me why they do not partner on a decent mixer
I'm thinking the bolded part means you want to do a few cubic feet at a time. A few Cubic yards of concrete would be cement truck size.
When we do bag projects at the range, renting a gasoline powered mixer works great. More than a few rentals would more than pay for the OP's though.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the bolded part means you want to do a few cubic feet at a time. A few Cubic yards of concrete would be cement truck size.
When we do bag projects at the range, renting a gasoline powered mixer works great. More than a few rentals would more than pay for the OP's though.
No sir!

I was talking yards!

Something like this would be neat!

Around my neck of the woods 10 yards is a truckload.

I think it used to be 4 yard minimum to get a truck out without paying extra, but dont quote me on that because it has been a while

Latest posts

Top Bottom