No talk of Tulsa gunshow this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never been to the Tulsa gun show, I thought it was suppose to be the best one in the USA? That’s just what I heard but I’m also from a really small town
As noted above, "the" Tulsa gun show is Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show, which happens in April and November (usually the first full weekend of each, IIRC). It used to fill a building that's about 10 acres of floor space; I have heard that it's not quite as full as it used to be, but I haven't been in a few years.

For decades, it was the only gun show at the Tulsa Fairgrounds because the Fairgrounds had some kind of rule about only having so many of any type of show each year, and Wanenmacher's was the big dog, so they got the gun show slots. About 25 years ago, a (person whom I hold in low esteem) sued the Fairgrounds, so now there are several (mostly second-rate) "Tulsa gun shows" in addition to "The Tulsa Gun Show."

Here's the Tulsa Arms Show Web site:
http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/home.html

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back before the interwebs became a big thing, the Wanenmacher show was the place to go for deals and finding unusual and hard to find firearms. Now, better deals can be found on the web any day of the week. It's still not a bad place if you want to do some gun trading if your a good negotiator and find the right guy that wants what you have. I just got tired of the standard dialogue of "hey how much do you want for that gun? Oh I don't know, how much would you give me? Well I hate to put a price on a man's gun." They all hope they'll find a rube that will leave money on the table. Plus the fact it just got to be just too much to walk all the isles back and forth. Too bad they didn't have step counters back in those days. I would liked to have known how far I walked in a day.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As noted above, "the" Tulsa gun show is Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show, which happens in April and November (usually the first full weekend of each, IIRC). It used to fill a building that's about 10 acres of floor space; I have heard that it's not quite as full as it used to be, but I haven't been in a few years.

For decades, it was the only gun show at the Tulsa Fairgrounds because the Fairgrounds had some kind of rule about only having so many of any type of show each year, and Wanenmacher's was the big dog, so they got the gun show slots. About 25 years ago, a (person whom I hold in low esteem) sued the Fairgrounds, so now there are several (mostly second-rate) "Tulsa gun shows" in addition to "The Tulsa Gun Show."

Here's the Tulsa Arms Show Web site:
http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/home.html
Wow! That is huge! I’ll have to go! Sounds mind blowing! Thank you!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back before the interwebs became a big thing, the Wanenmacher show was the place to go for deals and finding unusual and hard to find firearms. Now, better deals can be found on the web any day of the week. It's still not a bad place if you want to do some gun trading if you’re a good negotiator and find the right guy that wants what you have. I just got tired of the standard dialogue of "hey how much do you want for that gun? Oh I don't know, how much would you give me? Well I hate to put a price on a man's gun." They all hope they'll find a rube that will leave money on the table. Plus the fact it just got to be just too much to walk all the isles back and forth. Too bad they didn't have step counters back in those days. I would liked to have known how far I walked in a day.
The attitudes are what gets me. We are all there and support the same thing. Sounds fun and really big! I’m going this year!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The attitudes are what gets me. We are all there and support the same thing. Sounds fun and really big! I’m going this year!

Wear a good pair of walking shoes - it can get tiring shuffling along on concrete when you get stuck behind the hov-around‘s, the guys standing sideways with huge backpacks, and people stopping to chit chat in the aisles. It’s not as bad as it was in past years since they widened the aisles to make up for the reduction in table count, but you’ll still likely run into these traffic jams now and then.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wear a good pair of walking shoes - it can get tiring shuffling along on concrete when you get stuck behind the hov-around‘s, the guys standing sideways with huge backpacks, and people stopping to chit chat in the aisles. It’s not as bad as it was in past years since they widened the aisles to make up for the reduction in table count, but you’ll still likely run into these traffic jams now and then.
Thank you! I sure will.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 70's they had the Indian territory gun show at the fair grounds. Maybe it was just wannamaker called something else. I was just a kid that went with my dad.
They had one at Bristow in a barn that was one of the best small shows. People set up outside also. McAlester had a pretty good one at the old gene stipe building. Ft Smith had a pretty good one at one time at the convention center. Sapulpa had one too with a fan at one in in the hot summer. Lol.
There used to be a lot of good stuff before everything went plastic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom