No talk of Tulsa gunshow this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think the problem with gun shows is mostly that people don’t know how to talk face to face with another person anymore. There are deals to be made if you have the right attitude.
Hopefully its better than last November's show. The well seemed awfully dry for AK and HK stuff. Those douchebags always there with the "PreBan!" scalped Veprs and Saigas table never sell a anything and couldn't sell me a lifejacket in a hurricane with their attitude

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully its better than last November's show. The well seemed awfully dry for AK and HK stuff. Those douchebags always there with the "PreBan!" scalped Veprs and Saigas table never sell a anything and couldn't sell me a lifejacket in a hurricane with their attitude
I am guessing it has been around 15+ years ago the show drew many quality vendors from all over, there were people selling just small parts, many just magazines, and they took the time to really understand your needs and try answering your questions.

Last time i went i found many just seemed to want you to buy what was no their table, if you asked a question they acted as it was keeping them from other sales.

Not sure when things started changing but i feel it has, maybe it's us asking for to much from busy vendors.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The RK shows at least in Tulsa have been pretty poor and with this one leading up to Wannamacher I kinda am debating going . I have some stuff I want to get rid of but I really loathe dealing with the bottom feeders who go to the small turn out shows

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got up this mornig and went in and unloaded a bunch on AK Mags i had been planning on going out to the US Shooting Academy, think i have been planning it for maybe three+ years.

With the loss of the Russian steel AK Ammo. the prices have really jumped, and that is if you can even find any still around.

And with Walmart not selling handgun Ammo. and the last time i was at Academy the Ammo. was back behind the counter and i could tell it was redused a lot.

Has anyone found any of the firearm stores in Tulsa that still have a fair stock?

I noticed a new store just west of Sports World with a sign saying firearms, anyone know who these people are?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the store west of sports world is BP Outfitters they have a few guns and a little ammo , they are mostly an accessory store. they get some neat AR parts.
Stores for ammo are mostly Dongs, Sooner guns, Whiteys pawn, Atwoods, Advanced combat, Sci Catoosa or Bixby,, Oh and Blackbush armory in Prattville comes up with some good stuff.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am guessing it has been around 15+ years ago the show drew many quality vendors from all over, there were people selling just small parts, many just magazines, and they took the time to really understand your needs and try answering your questions.

Last time i went i found many just seemed to want you to buy what was no their table, if you asked a question they acted as it was keeping them from other sales.

Not sure when things started changing but i feel it has, maybe it's us asking for to much from busy vendors.
Well, at $200 per table. Selling dollar or two gun parts is pretty tough. Thievery is rampant. I got a lot to sell, but the shows no fun anymore, having to watch out for everything walking off.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the store west of sports world is BP Outfitters they have a few guns and a little ammo , they are mostly an accessory store. they get some neat AR parts.
Stores for ammo are mostly Dongs, Sooner guns, Whiteys pawn, Atwoods, Advanced combat, Sci Catoosa or Bixby,, Oh and Blackbush armory in Prattville comes up with some good stuff.
Thank you mr ed for the quick reply.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$200 table
$200 travel expense (if you're lucky)
$200 labor / day = $400
$800 in inventory

Sell out for $1600 = BREAK EVEN for the weekend. Losses from theft are never recovered.

Promoters would be better off with $100 tables, more vendors, bigger crowds and make more $$$. Same greed goes for entry fees.
$8 entry will keep most riff raff out.
$12, $15, $20 will keep FAMILIES OUT (No future customers). Outrageous fees will also keep some individuals out.

Last show I started to attend, entry was $15. I could see it was a small show and left. Passed a guy in the parking lot, he asked how the show was, he wanted to sell a scope. I looked at the scope, he wanted $20. I offered $10, told him IF he could sell it inside, he MIGHT get $20, but maybe not. Regardless of selling or not, it cost $15 to get in, plus the 2 hours walking around. He took the $10 and we both left.

I have enjoyed going to gunshows for 45 years. I hate that they are dying, but they are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom