No weapons. Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went to the grocery for my wife.This store is new to me,approching the front door there was a sign"No weapons(including concealed)" they had a pic of a handgun and a knife. Went back to the truck,put my naa 22mag someplace I pressumed safe left my Buck in my other pocket and went in to shop.Really felt vulnerable. Yes I'm ccw but my question is are they able to post such a sign.

Reaction score
Sure they are. And you can ignore it, too. You're not guilty of trespass until they demand you 'cease and desist' - i.e. "leave our premises, now" - they're not gonna do that unless they know you are armed (and even then probably not), and they're not gonna know you're armed, because you're concealed.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I took the class and they probably did cover that issue. Need to refresh and study. My error,good thing thats all I did wrong. Looking at #2 at H&H. Caution is better than mistakes. Thanks again.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we established in the other thread that the NAA .22 mag isn't even a weapon?

(I'm kidding before anyone gets their panties in a wad).

Here's the question - how would they know you were an Episcopal if you didn't go in announcing that you were?

The way Oklahoma law works is just fine with most CCW'ers - the sign in and of itself isn't the law - its that establishment's rules. They can also say "no white people allowed". You can choose to follow those rules or not without legal consequence, but they reserve the right to boot you out if they catch you breaking the rules.

Again, how are they going to catch you breaking their rules if you're not disclosing the fact that you're Episcopalian? :D

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just been reading thread on places off limits to conceal carry. I think I made the right move in leaving my gun in the truck. Still going to take H&H class,to help refresh and learn more safte procedures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom