Non-rifle, archery-only, WMAs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
Hey all,
I've been hunting Kaw alot but the number of people out there is getting discouraging. I only hunt bow (not some moral reason, I just don't have a rifle). Are there any WMAs that do not have a gun season? I'd like to get away from the crowds of people. Thanks.
I read the previous post about Candy Creek, it doesn't say anything about it being archery only on wildlifedepartment.com website. Any others out there?

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though its quite a drive, Blue River WMA has very few hunters. You can hunt there during rifle season but its restricted to shotgun with slugs. Theres a few archey hunters and very few gun hunters. Plenty of deer around there also.

TerryD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bowhunted the wma in Okmulgee a couple years ago, The only time they allow guns is for the controlled hunts otherwise its just for bowhunting and lots of deer there also. but the public hunting area there was full of gun hunters

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I've got to get down to SE OK, I've never hunted down there but used to fish and camp there some. Looks like I'll be planning a late season hunting trip. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom