Nordic Components .22 AR Upper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maj. John Andre

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran into a guy at the club yesterday that is doing the Beta testing on the new Nordic .22 AR upper. It takes Black Dog magazines and he had 6 different lowers that he was swapping this thing back and forth on. Every thing from Cav arms plastic lowers to very light J.P. trigger components lowers. He let me shoot about 500 rounds through it and it was flawless. It was also very accurate, it would group well under an inch at 50 yards. Now I am not a big rifle shooter, but this thing was the funnest thing I have ever shot. Here is a quick note he had posted on Brian Enos's forums

Alrighty, I now have over 3500 rounds on the new upper and here are a few things. First it won't work on a class 3 lower...sorry. Yes it is weighted and ballanced just like an AR-15. We did find one small thing that needed to be changed and called Tim and right on the phone the change was made for the first production run. I haven't cleaned this unit now for about 1700 rounds and it is running like a watch. I have had a couple of dud rounds that wouldn't extract due to the Match Chamber...(more on that in a moment) and it was VERY easy to reach in and grab the rim with your little finger and just slide them out...LOTS OF ROOM!!!!. It does throw brass about 5 yards out of the gun no stove pipes that plague other systems were ever encountered. It is DARN accurate!!! I have an Eo-Tech ontop of mine and it is easy to get 5 rounds to touch at 50 yards with it best group so far at 50 for 5 rounds was .38" The match chambe is cut so the round is fully supported and on some brands of ammo the extractor doesn't grab the rim when in battery, so if it goes click due to a bad round it might not grab the dud so cheeck carefully and the just reach in, there is LOTS of room. The Black Dog magazines so far have been flawless, and the only hangup I encountered was with Remington Golden Bulk pack bullets. It wanted to leave them on the feed ramp (only with the 27 round mag), I notice a bit of molding flash on the feed lips and took a small rat tail file to them to smooothe them out and it has run a full bulk pack of those bullets flawlessly since! We have put it on 5 different lowers and all of them functioned flawlessly. It does just fine with a J.P. trigger kit in the lower, set at 2# pull weight! Ran my unit with a suppressor this morning and the fouling was minimal and the thing was as quiet as My intergrally suppressed 10-22, with a bit less bolt clatter...functioned flawlessly again! Line up boys!! It is the best I have seen! XXXXX

If I see him again I will try to get some pictures, but to me it looked and Felt just like an M-4 with an Eo-Tech. it also had the same weight. John

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. So does that mean higher or lower?

It's hard for me to justify spending that much on a .22lr. That's why I haven't bought a sig mosquito. I have the ciener .22lr conversion for my ar and luckily it's been nearly 100% after I tweaked it a bit. It was about 75% to begin with then I messed with it and polished the rails. Now it runs like a singer sewing machine.

Aldrin44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. So does that mean higher or lower?

It's hard for me to justify spending that much on a .22lr. That's why I haven't bought a sig mosquito. I have the ciener .22lr conversion for my ar and luckily it's been nearly 100% after I tweaked it a bit. It was about 75% to begin with then I messed with it and polished the rails. Now it runs like a singer sewing machine.

Yeah, I feel the same. I'd only use a .22 AR as a training tool and it's hard to justify spending a bunch on it when I'm trying to save money shooting a .22.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to shoot one of these at the High Plains Shotgun Challenge as Nordic Components was a major match sponsor. They had a couple of them out and they ran flawlessly for the 100 rounds or so I shot plus the rest of the time I was standing there. I was VERY impressed with the setup, they ran them all day with no problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom