North Korea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/28/politics/north-korea-missile-launch/index.html

President Donald Trump told reporters at the White House on Tuesday that the United States "will handle" the situation in North Korea after the rogue nation launched yet another intercontinental ballistic missile earlier in the day.

"We will take care of it," Trump said, adding later that North Korea "is a situation that we will handle."
The Pentagon confirmed earlier Tuesday that North Korea launched what the US military believes to be an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis told reporters that the North Korean missile test went "higher, frankly, than any previous shot they have taken."
Mattis made remarks as he sat in on a meeting with Trump, House Speaker Ryan and Senate Majority Leader McConnell. The defense secretary added that North Korea has the ability to hit "everywhere in the world basically."

Here we go again guys. This one is capable of striking the U.S. capitol. from my point of view, it is only a matter of time before they have the ability to deliver nuclear weapons to NYC.

I can imagine them using these weapons, whence operational and in large enough numbers, to blackmail the U.S. and our allies. This is an unacceptable situation. Trump says he's going 'to take care of it', but who knows what the hell that means. Maybe nothing.

My view is that we should talk with the Chinese and South Koreans. Work something out, including potentially a tripartite action to dismantle the regime.

War is certainly the last resort, but these sanctions aren't going to work and the Russians want to fuel the North Korean thing for their own benefit. But at the same time, can we really let a nation like North Korea threaten millions of Americans with nuclear weapons? We already went through this in the Cold War.

Perhaps we should make an example out of them. Certainly, it would be best to avoid it. Especially since our ally, South Korea, is in the line of fire. as well as Japan.

But what else can be done?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think China would mostly benefit from this. They would be reluctant to commit troops unless Russia decides to pull the trigger. All have reasons to attack. It just depends who pulls the trigger first.
We have the greatest reasons as we are still at war with them. Plus they have threatened us, and our allies, with nuclear first strike as soon as they are able. They may already be there.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That fat little rocket man doesn’t want nuclear war. He just wants to be equal to all other world leaders but he isn’t smart enough. He’s too wealthy to risk death. He’s obviously selfish and self serving, that’s not the personality to risk war with US. IN MY OPINION.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think China would mostly benefit from this. They would be reluctant to commit troops unless Russia decides to pull the trigger. All have reasons to attack. It just depends who pulls the trigger first.
We have the greatest reasons as we are still at war with them. Plus they have threatened us, and our allies, with nuclear first strike as soon as they are able. They may already be there.

I think we should just make a deal with the Chinese and let them make N. Korea their little puppet/client state under their indirect control, deposing Kim Jong Un and stabilizing the whole region. Might not be exactly what we want, but it sure beats the status quo.

That fat little rocket man doesn’t want nuclear war. He just wants to be equal to all other world leaders but he isn’t smart enough. He’s too wealthy to risk death. He’s obviously selfish and self serving, that’s not the personality to risk war with US. IN MY OPINION.

I don't know if we should risk nuclear annihilation based on the calculation that he probably won't use it. The risks are too high. Whose to say his calculations won't change in some major way? that he'll be succeeded at some point in the future by a far more militant and brash character? All it takes is one insane dictator to kill millions of Americans and wipe a major American city off the map. I don't want to turn on the T.V. to see survivors of a N. Korean nuclear attack straggling down the highway from Los Angeles, knowing that they're all going to die of radiation poisoning in the next few weeks anyway.

There is eventually going to be a point of no return if we do not act. should we let such a small and insignificant country as North Korea, who can't even feed it's own people and has a government that can only be described as evil and insane have the power to kill tens of millions of Americans? They kill their own people and send entire families to death camps for even the smallest slight, i think it's unacceptable to let them have nuclear missiles capable of striking the U.S. The risk is too high to just accept a nuclear North Korea with ICBMs. Not even China can fully control this little State.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
e.511770F25-1287418838000.jpg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that Rocket Man doesn't know that he would be signing onto the annihilation of his regime and his country if he sent a missile into the US or at one of our allies. The only other plausible explanation is that he is surrounded by "yes" men that are filling his head with dilutional thoughts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that Rocket Man doesn't know that he would be signing onto the annihilation of his regime and his country if he sent a missile into the US or at one of our allies. The only other plausible explanation is that he is surrounded by "yes" men that are filling his head with dilutional thoughts.
He knows. He is just waiting on President Trump to roll over and try the appeasement methods that past presidents tried and failed.
The can has been kicked down the road so many times for so long that we have allowed NK to advance where they are now.
Rocket man wants his place in history, and he might just get it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he's scared to death that a revolt by his generals, is just around the corner.
The threat of war, keeps him in power, but the perks going to the commanders are not filtering down to the troops and that's not good.
War is just around the corner, is his battle cry. I think he will be overthrown or assassinated before summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom