Northeast area Gunsmiths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Looking to have the sights changed out on my RIA 1911.
Don't want anything fancy, just something that a middle aged man can actually see.
I'm looking at this one from Maryland gun works offered by MidwayUSA
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=867355

If I can acquire the sight set what kind of ball park am I looking at to get it installed?
I'm just not intrested in buying a staking tool for what will likely be a one time job for me.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Larry - When I was at the last gunshow I stopped by a table for Rijas Services out of Claremore. They said they do custom 1911s and such. His number is 688-0665. I've never used him for anything but you might want to try there.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Larry - When I was at the last gunshow I stopped by a table for Rijas Services out of Claremore. They said they do custom 1911s and such. His number is 688-0665. I've never used him for anything but you might want to try there.

Actuall now that you mention it I picked up one of their cards. I've got it at home.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I cast my vote for cutting a dovetail for a new front sight, I bet it wouldn't cost more than 20-30 bucks and changing out styles would be a heck of a lot easier.

You could probably find someone local or you could ship out the slide, lots of guys that could do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom