• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 1911 full size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Good evening all!

I’m sure this is opening up a flood gate, but.

Recently I decided that although I had multiple variants of the 1911 design, I do not have a single stack full size. I know these can be had starting at around 300-400 for a base type online, but prefer to deal local.

So, here’s what I’m after:
Full size 5 (or near) length barrel, full size grip, adjustable front/rear sights, 9mm/45acp caliber, single stack. I am open to stainless and black/blue finishes, but not really a fan of ceracoated or duracoated pistols.

I am not picky on brand, as long as price is commensurate. Not really looking at a higher end model, or one that has been heavily modified with a commensurate price tag for upgrades that I might not even want, as this is purely to add to the collection and use on the range, not to showboat. As long as it has adjustable front/rear sights, that is the main thing.

I have cash in hand. Located in norman. Message me on here or text me at 4058212160 and we can go from there.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Moparman as of yesterday the local Atwoods in Norman has at least six 1911's on the shelf starting at around $400.00 up to over $1200.00 with a 10% off on all firearms sale.....Academy has several in stock also.

If you go to Academy do me a favor buy that 6" polished stainless Python.....the sales clerks are getting pretty tired of me drooling all over the glass every time I go in. :)

coltpy.jpg

Last edited:

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
OK. Sure. If you want to carry a punch and hammer, or sight drifter tool, when you go shoot the gun. Staked on front sights are adjustable, too. All you need is a file.

:confused:
They’re more adjustable than a fixed in position front sight. And I carry punches and sight adjustment tools with me to the range. Which is why I want a front sight that can be adjusted to exact point of aim, rather than relying solely on the rear sight.

Johnwj

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Good evening all!

I’m sure this is opening up a flood gate, but.

Recently I decided that although I had multiple variants of the 1911 design, I do not have a single stack full size. I know these can be had starting at around 300-400 for a base type online, but prefer to deal local.

So, here’s what I’m after:
Full size 5 (or near) length barrel, full size grip, adjustable front/rear sights, 9mm/45acp caliber, single stack. I am open to stainless and black/blue finishes, but not really a fan of ceracoated or duracoated pistols.

I am not picky on brand, as long as price is commensurate. Not really looking at a higher end model as this is purely to add to the collection and use on the range, not to showboat. As long as it has adjustable front/rear sights, that is the main thing.

I have cash in hand. Located in norman. Message me on here or text me at 4058212160 and we can go from there.
Have you found something yet? If not I have a Springfield Armory Range Officer in 9 mm that meets your wants.
PM me back.
John

Latest posts

Top Bottom