Nosler m48 patriot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the sporter version for my needs it's perfect. Within +\- 5 fps of my traditional chrony the ability to use it indoors is what really sold me. Seems I find myself at Wilshire after dark this time of year working on load development as I'm too busy to go outdoors and shoot.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the sporter version for my needs it's perfect. Within +\- 5 fps of my traditional chrony the ability to use it indoors is what really sold me. Seems I find myself at Wilshire after dark this time of year working on load development as I'm too busy to go outdoors and shoot.

Thanks!

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well finally received a call from nosler. My barrel needed a couple thousands lapped off the chamber according to the custom shop that was causing more copper fouling than normal and causing the spike in pressure. They hand lap all the barrels on these rifles. Gun tech I talked too today said my rifle printed some impressive groups. (Said he couldn't remember exact numbers but he remembered it shot excellent) They've included the targets and I should have my rifle back by Tuesday or Wednesday. They're also including my once fired brass that was sent to them as well as a new box of ammo. Very satisfied with the communication and turnaround time.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my rifle back got the scope mounted and went and sighted it in. It's a legitimate 1/2" at 100 yd gun. I was using some hand-loaded 175gn accubonds over 7228ssc I sighted it in 2.3" high at 100 and hit (or just below) a branch at roughly 475 yds holding center mass. With some fine tuning and practice it should be a fine long range (for me 5-600 yd) killer.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a little more time behind my patriot. Shot this group at banner today. I think this load shows some definite potential. Going to play with seating depth a little more. 175gn accubond long range over a stout charge of retumbo. Muzzle velocity of 3252 avg over my magneto speed.
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160507_0f3ddde4f75717f2a39c5f9d4527634e.jpg
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160507_7fa9665e74a929e0b7a41e5aca7fa3c1.jpg

Not bad for 3 at 100 should get the legs stretched on this load to 1k this week. The recoil is smooth even from an 8lb rifle. I'm thinking about cutting the barrel to 22-23" in hopes to shave some weight having the bolt fluted even more. I'm kinda afraid to lob any off a barrel that shoots this well though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom