Not sure what this guy wanted...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I DO NOT like it when people I don't know approach me. Quick way to get a real attitude from me

Yeah, that was my reaction when two women once approached me while I was standing next to my truck in the parking lot of Ryan's Restaurant in Tulsa. One of the ladies being about six feet tall, and both ladies wearing leather biker chaps, do-rags, and chains, didn't exactly put me at ease ;)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that was my reaction when two women once approached me while I was standing next to my truck in the parking lot of Ryan's Restaurant in Tulsa. One of the ladies being about six feet tall, and both ladies wearing leather biker chaps, do-rags, and chains, didn't exactly put me at ease ;)

Oh be still my beating heart!! :D Oh wait ... women??!?!!? Dang ...:giveup:

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been getting worse with the panhandlers here in OKC over the last couple of years. Their tactics change from time to time. But yes, getting in my personal space is not good and my adrenalin starts going when they do this.

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned above...close becomes too close.

That makes for a really difficult situation. You ask them to back up, they wont do it. You walk backwards, they follow...but you dont want to really take your eyes off them.

So what can you really do? They are so close that your ability to react is severely impaired. If you push them back, then it could be said you are the one that started it. If you feel they are beginning an attack and you get a quick blow in, you might be in trouble...if you let them get the first blow in just so you are justified...you might be in far worse physical trouble.

There has got to be an easier way...

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the local charities have compassion cards you can give them directing these people to the charity for help.
Might be worth looking into if you have relatives who are soft hearted.
I suspect the charity will want a donation, but at least you'll know your money isn't going for booze or drugs.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst ones I've seen so far hang out at the walmart I goto. It's a group of African American fellows who carry around bags trying to sell perfume and will bug you until you tell them you enjoy being smelly :) That walmart is notorious for beggars.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that's how GC got that scar...

THAT WASN'T MY FAULT ... he told me he liked it rough!! :D

The worst ones I've seen so far hang out at the walmart I goto. It's a group of African American fellows who carry around bags trying to sell perfume and will bug you until you tell them you enjoy being smelly :) That walmart is notorious for beggars.

23rd and MacArthur?

Latest posts

Top Bottom