Obama ‘cannot guarantee’ benefits checks will be paid if debt deal isn’t reached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
President Obama warned Tuesday that retirees might not receive their Social Security checks next month if lawmakers fail to reach an agreement on how to reduce the federal debt.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on Aug. 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Obama told CBS's Scott Pelley in an interview set to air tonight on the CBS Evening News.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...kwOGY2BHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought SS was in a trust. I thought I remember Obama telling us that, and that it was safe. I wonder if he was lying then or lying now. I am sure that this news will send the libs into panic. We MUST borrow more money to keep Obama's stash full. How are we ever going to get out of debt if you do not borrow more money to pay our debt?

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought SS was in a trust. I thought I remember Obama telling us that, and that it was safe. I wonder if he was lying then or lying now. I am sure that this news will send the libs into panic. We MUST borrow more money to keep Obama's stash full. How are we ever going to get out of debt if you do not borrow more money to pay our debt?

probably both.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Is there a SS "trust fund"?

http://www.devvy.com/200301191719.html

As for the "panic", isn't that how they passed the stimulus bill, (that would fix everything) to begin with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d_4zij8

Last edited:

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should not pay the money to Congress and other that leach off the American people! like countries getting aid from the US and then telling the US to fly a broken kite! but what do I know I'm just a poor back woods person

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SS is a trust fund and was set up as a trust fund so it could not be used by anyone or any org except for those people on SS. He is lying now but then again he is always up to something. My guess hes trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat to stir every one up so they forget about faf scandle which he knows hes incriminated him self and facts are coming out about him aproving it when he said he had no idea about it. Its a slight of hand trick!

Latest posts

Top Bottom