Obama ‘cannot guarantee’ benefits checks will be paid if debt deal isn’t reached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More class warfare tactics. There is money in the Treasury's General fund and State treasuries every day. It rolls in 24x7x365. Taxes / fees / fines collected from imports, excise taxes on stuff like tires, gasoline, telephone land lines (if you still have one), smokes, income tax, death tax, sales tax, ad infinitum. There is ALWAYS MONEY. The problem is that the CONGRESS, POTUS and others are high on the narcotic called taxes. If you give them more, they will want more. Dogs chasing their own tails. I don't mean to insult dogs. Politicians don't like it when the "folks" get tired of financial rape and not getting kissed once in a while. Like a job!!! Like lower taxes!!! Like less intrusion on your personal lives!!!

Sorry. Rant off.

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This needs to be called exactly as it is, it's a scare tactic and a call to arms for the class warfare army that Obama will use to help him try to get re-elected.

The government will not default on any payments nor be unable to pay benefits on August 3rd even if there is not an increase to the debt ceiling.

Obama has really crossed the line here making this assertion and threatening / using hundreds of millions of Americans in this manner.

If the media doesn't call this one like it is, then there just isn't any hope...

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a SS "trust fund"?

http://www.devvy.com/200301191719.html

As for the "panic", isn't that how they passed the stimulus bill, (that would fix everything) to begin with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d_4zij8

I think we just trusted the wrong people to watch our money. I remember when Bush talked about giving the people some control to invest their money. The Dems attacked him like never before. How dare give the people a choice other then good ol Uncle Sam.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we just trusted the wrong people to watch our money. I remember when Bush talked about giving the people some control to invest their money. The Dems attacked him like never before. How dare give the people a choice other then good ol Uncle Sam.

Some would contend we've been trusting the wrong people for a while now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom