Obama ‘cannot guarantee’ benefits checks will be paid if debt deal isn’t reached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we are about to default on loans we just need to sell off some of that gold we've been hoarding at Ft. Knox. There is no need for anyone to pay more taxes. Congress needs to control their irradic spending.

From what I understand there has not been any gold at Fort Knox in decades! A little scary isn't it? From the little knowlege that I have about economics, there has to be liquid assets, such as gold, to back up every dollar that we print or it leads to inflation.

I believe that S.S. is a big ponzi/pyramid scheme. Why not just let us keep more of our own money, instead of paying social security, and invest it how we see fit?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand there has not been any gold at Fort Knox in decades! A little scary isn't it? From the little knowlege that I have about economics, there has to be liquid assets, such as gold, to back up every dollar that we print or it leads to inflation.

I believe that S.S. is a big ponzi/pyramid scheme. Why not just let us keep more of our own money, instead of paying social security, and invest it how we see fit?

Yeah, we've been off the gold standard for decades while printing money with no backing.

Digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The republican's need to stay put and force a balanced budget! No more spending, just cutting in order to balance the budget! By the way, it wasn't long ago that Obama said the Social Security Fund was Solvent didn't he?

Latest posts

Top Bottom