Obama Administration's Unnecessary, Punitive Closures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! Using breitbart.com to bash the president is hilarious regardless of your political bent.

I've been off without pay for a week now. This is not the fault of any one man or party. This is a failure of US, THE VOTERS.

Get back to me when you take your share of the blame.

Pretty weak tea, IndVet! If you can't even be bothered with the substance of the argument, why you go all the way and just say, "Well you're just a big poopy-head!" Rather than just trash Breitbart, why don't you address the punitive acts of this president to make political points off of your pain?
uber.la_wp_content_uploads_2009_06_Picture_62.png

It sucks that you are off work. Are you a Federal employee, who will be getting back pay, or a private contractor, who will probably get screwed?

Saying it is everybody's fault is like saying it is nobody's fault. You are simply avoiding placing blame where it belongs. Not ALL voters are to blame for our current situation. Depending on your perspective, perhaps those who voted for Obama and/or a Democratic Senate should be blamed. Perhaps it would be valid to look at Independents, conservatives, and Republicans that sat out the election. Or you could go all Iggy-McPermaTroll and blame "the right wing" for not getting on board with THE ONE and thwarting his awesomeness at every turn.

Okay. I'm getting back to you. I hereby publicly confess that I did convince enough of the Operation Wall Street crowd to write in Ralph Nader. I'm sorry, America.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! Using breitbart.com to bash the president is hilarious regardless of your political bent.

I've been off without pay for a week now. This is not the fault of any one man or party. This is a failure of US, THE VOTERS.

Get back to me when you take your share of the blame.

So Federal employees are getting a paid vacation. I'm not too broken up about that. Hundreds of employees at Chesapeake Energy are losing their jobs. No back pay. Where is the government outrage over this? Thousands of private sector employees lose their jobs every week. It's part of life in the work force.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shared sacrifice, shared pain. If one must suffer we all must suffer.

Nonsensical post is all nonsensical and whatnot.

The substance of this thread should remain on the areas where the Obama administration is willfully and intentionally violating the Antideficiency Act in order to create further outrage over the shutdown.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, obummer cleared all of the COE camping areas at Kaw lake, and furloughed all of the COE employee's last Friday.

The camp grounds were full with folks working the huge plant overhaul at Conoco, and hunters for deer season. Cost more to shut it down than to keep it open.

Way to go obummer!

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, obummer cleared all of the COE camping areas at Kaw lake, and furloughed all of the COE employee's last Friday.

The camp grounds were full with folks working the huge plant overhaul at Conoco, and hunters for deer season. Cost more to shut it down than to keep it open.

Way to go obummer!

Yeah, I ran into my aunt and uncle yesterday who had been camping on ft Gibson lake fishing until they were told to hit the road.
It's stupidity

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've even closed the boat ramps! A ramp is a hunk of concrete, what possible cost could be incurred by leaving them open?

It isn't "the ramp" where the costs are, it is the rest of the area surrounding the ramp. For instance damage to other facilities due to decreased patrols, repair to those facilities to maintain public safety, emptying trash cans, etc... So it isn't "the ramps" specifically, it will be the entire facility that is closed. Please correct me if this doesn't prove correct, identify the park that is open where "the ramp" has been closed.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course it's the whole park. However, they could simply shut off the power/water, collect the trashcans and padlock the restrooms (which are frequently locked for no apparent reason anyhow) leaving the ramp open for boaters. The 2 ramps I use for river access are both closed currently. I have never encountered a patrol at either park.
And yes, I realize this is a minor inconvenience in contrast to those who missing cancer treatments, etc. But, this one affects ME!:pissed:

It isn't "the ramp" where the costs are, it is the rest of the area surrounding the ramp. For instance damage to other facilities due to decreased patrols, repair to those facilities to maintain public safety, emptying trash cans, etc... So it isn't "the ramps" specifically, it will be the entire facility that is closed. Please correct me if this doesn't prove correct, identify the park that is open where "the ramp" has been closed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom