Obama ramps up his "smart gun" agenda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you get the feeling that the Executive Orders are about to start flying to beat the 2016 elections clock?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/29/obama-continues-push-for-smart-gun-technology/
Obama continues push for ‘smart gun’ technology
posted at 7:21 pm on April 29, 2016 by John Sexton

Police Reject Being 'Guinea Pigs' in Obama's Smart Gun Push - Breitbart
Police Reject Being ‘Guinea Pigs’ in Obama’s Smart Gun Push
by AWR Hawkins 28 Apr 2016

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-smart-gun-tech-may-include-electronic-recovery-technology-says-report
New ‘smart gun’ tech may include ‘electronic recovery technology,’ says report
Dave Workman Seattle Gun Rights Examiner
April 29, 2016 3:47 PM MST

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first LEO's to get the smart guns should be the WH detail of the Secret Service. If it's good enough for us peons it should be good enough for him.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first LEO's to get the smart guns should be the WH detail of the Secret Service. If it's good enough for us peons it should be good enough for him.

Sounds like a plan to me---Lead By Example! That goes for ALL of the gun grabbers/haters(politicians and non-politicians alike(stars, starlets, MSM lib Kool-Aid dispensers & drinkers, millionaires, billionaires, etc., etc.).

Last edited:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that we could benefit from the integration of technology into firearms. That doesn't mean we need mandates regarding that technology, but the development space is wide open and should be explored.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TC already has an electronic ignition on one of their MZ loader guns. Battery goes dead your toast, of course mechanical things break too, but the electronic engineering wanted by omama and his buds will lead to electronic measures like remotely turning off guns by cops, then hackers, then your every day high school kid that has access to a computer to control the microprocessor that will be needed to control the electronic gun.
I'm totally against it. Gun control seems to be the reason they are pushing it from what I can see.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A developer/engineer can design features that are user-controllable, or can be simply turned off where the gun can function without them. Of course, if you have any doubt, have fun with the new technology, but carry the old...problem solved. Again, I'm not for mandating anything. But I know we can do some awesome things with technology in guns and related accessories.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A developer/engineer can design features that are user-controllable, or can be simply turned off where the gun can function without them. Of course, if you have any doubt, have fun with the new technology, but carry the old...problem solved. Again, I'm not for mandating anything. But I know we can do some awesome things with technology in guns and related accessories.

Yes they can for the user, but anything controlled by a microprocessor is capable of being hacked and misused by government and hackers.
The iPhone 5s that the San Bernadino jihadist used was said to be totally unhackable (I just created a new word) but come to find out it could be defeated.
Guns that use Technology will not have the resources of apple behind it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom