Obama says he made the US into the most respected nation in the world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet, the Obama negotiations that was supposed to put a freeze on the Iran nuke fuel supplies has actually shown a 20% increase in supplies, and we have found another nuke processing facility that we didn't know existed before the negotiations.

Kerry broke his leg in a photo op bicycle accident since he didn't actually know how to ride one in an attempt to show he was a green candidate when Hillary has to bow out because of scandals and he can take over the democratic charge to the POTUS.
Had his personal surgeon from the states flown over and accompany him on a military flight back to the states.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps there's some truth to some of his statements. Trying to negotiate/normalize relations with Cuba and Iran looks a heck of a lot better to the rest of the world, than seeing the U.S. try to cram our (Israel's) wishes down other nations' throats.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps there's some truth to some of his statements. Trying to negotiate/normalize relations with Cuba and Iran looks a heck of a lot better to the rest of the world, than seeing the U.S. try to cram our (Israel's) wishes down other nations' throats.

Is it really untrue? I mean... IS the US perceived better at this time? He claims we were below China and just above Russia... what poll are we talking about? Is this a verifiable poll/survey? If so, and he is telling the truth, then it is just plain true. I don't know if he is the one to take all the credit, but the President DOES get most of the blame when things are going wrong.

I WILL say when I was living overseas, even our "allies" in the UK and Ireland had some seriously derogatory things to say about Bush and the US. I caught a good amount of flak and had some pretty nasty comments directed my way by otherwise reasonable and nice people anytime some kind of political thing came up. Not saying it is right, or legit, or even properly analyzed on the part of the wider world, but lots of folks out there did and probably still do hold us in low esteem, for whatever reasons.

Jus' sayin'.

I don't hate Obama. I don't spew anti-Obama rhetoric everywhere I go. I disagree with a lot of his policies, yes. I think he has the wrong philosophy in general, yes. But I'm also not going to lay every single bad thing at his feet and blame him, and I don't think every word out of his mouth is intentionally false or misleading. I think he's a regular human being who makes mistakes and can be somewhat misguided and/or askew in his philosophy. But I think we need to look critically at everything and see if it is actually something real, or if we are simply exhibiting the knee-jerk reaction of blaming everything on him, or refuting every statement he makes. This particular one may not be totally wrong. I don't know, I haven't seen whichever poll or whatever he is referencing, but I DO know without a doubt, that at the end of Bush's administration, we were highly frowned-upon by even some of our "allies" in the developed world - legitimately or not.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's just repeating what the sycophants around him tell him daily. Could we ever have had a president that's more out of touch with reality?

I think most presidents are probably so surrounded with the type of people you are talking about, it would be really hard to get a daily dose of reality. I mean, really, what average Joe who ends up meeting the President on some flesh-pressing event has the balls to stand up to him and say something? As for me, I wouldn't have the opportunity, because I'm not going to a place he's gonna be. Unless he happened to show up at my work, the odds are practically zero I'd ever see the man with my own eyes... I'm just not going out looking for him. Of course, I wouldn't have for Bush, Clinton or any of the others, either. That's just me, though.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most presidents are probably so surrounded with the type of people you are talking about, it would be really hard to get a daily dose of reality. I mean, really, what average Joe who ends up meeting the President on some flesh-pressing event has the balls to stand up to him and say something? As for me, I wouldn't have the opportunity, because I'm not going to a place he's gonna be. Unless he happened to show up at my work, the odds are practically zero I'd ever see the man with my own eyes... I'm just not going out looking for him. Of course, I wouldn't have for Bush, Clinton or any of the others, either. That's just me, though.

Your generalization is not supportable - there have been many presidential office studies, books, etc. that show great differences between how presidents handle the office and how they manage criticism and internal policy discussions and disagreements. President G.H. Bush, for example, whatever his other faults did not surround himself with sycophants and he did tolerate free discussion until a decision was rendered. I would argue further that with folks like Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, and Dick Cheney he had a wider ideological spread (albeit generally on the right) than the entire Obama cabinet does now - a cabinet which is not only left oriented politically but commited to him as a personal symbol of many things. When your boss is not just a man trying to get a job done to the best of his ability but a symbol of some greater ideological "truth" then one shouldn't be surprised that support staff start morphing into devotees and worshippers.

There is another measure that is fairly reliable - if the President relies more upon personal staff than upon confirmed cabinet officials there is a high likelihood of "hero worship" setting in because cabinet officials, whatever else you may think of the individual, tend to view themselves as servants of the people who are responsible to the President as head of government. Personal staff tend to view themselves as beholden only to the President as an individual not as the head of government. That is a very significant distinction. it isn't a 100% correlation but I think it is an identifiable trend.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In my lifetime I've never seen anything close to the sycophants of Obama. Not Nixon nor Clinton or Carter, not even close. Until Obama and the current time it seems that people would give sound advice and if it was ignored they weren't afraid to say something along the lines of "he has his opinion and I have a different opinion". Used to be if someone were to be told to go out and tell the press that "from this day forward the sun will rise in the west", they'd say nope we can't go there. But today they just trot out there and say exactly that. They are more than willing to look like an imbecile for this guy, while at all times in the past that I can remember they at least has some moral compass to them.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Truth to his statements?

When Obama draws mythical “red lines in the sand” and dithers about, he does not enhance his credibility nor does he capture respect. There is not truth in Obama’s dithering and failed leadership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom