Obama says he made the US into the most respected nation in the world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
roflmfao.jpg

And that's all I've got to say about that!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truth to his statements?

When Obama draws mythical “red lines in the sand” and dithers about, he does not enhance his credibility nor does he capture respect. There is not truth in Obama’s dithering and failed leadership.

So - do you think the U.S. was more respected abroad during the previous administration?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So - do you think the U.S. was more respected abroad during the previous administration?

Define respected.

To answer your question; yes - the US was more respected abroad under the Bush administration than it is under the Obama administration.

Respect must be earned and it is best earned by saying what one means and doing what one says.

When George Bush spoke he said what he meant and he did what he said and that's a combination that both the good and the evil understand and absolutely do respect. Obama does neither.

That said:
M'thinks some are equating respected with liked. The two are very different.

Do the people of the world like the USA? In my experience having traveled all but the far east fairly extensively over a 33 year period I'd have to say no, they don't. But then one must ask why should we give a rat's ass whether the people in foreign countries like (or even respect for that matter) the USA or not? The people in most countries don't get to decide in either the short term and most often neither in the long term how their nation reacts or responds to our nation. Its the leader(s) of countries whose opinion counts.

It's the leaders that decide how their nation deals/responds to ours. And it really doesn't matter whether they like us or not.

What does matter is whether they believe that our leaders say what they mean and will do what they say. Obama has shown repeatedly that he does neither. Thus the respect foreign leaders have for our leader(s) has declined, is no where near the top of any list and respect for our leaders is synonymous with respect for our country.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In June of 2013, Obama was at the same level Bush was when leaving office in 2009.

I'm not surprised - probably negotiations with Iran, and normalizing relations with Cuba has given him the appearance of being a little more sane.

I know the sancions on Cuba were a huge success, and the Iranians can't help their oriental predilection for violence, but some may view diplomacy in a better light than war or provocation.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm not surprised - probably negotiations with Iran, and normalizing relations with Cuba has given him the appearance of being a little more sane.

So B HO appears to be “more sane” to you so that is why he is slipping in the pols? Priceless.

I know the sancions on Cuba were a huge success …

Your abject ignorance overplays your sarcasm. Since the end of the Cold War and the fall of the Soviet Union, how has Cuba’s economy done without Soviet subsidies? With Venezuela’s economy crashing, do you think they can continue their billions in financial aid to subsidize Cuba? SO paying reparations to establish “normal relationships” with a country that supports terrorism and has institutionalized racism is what you think we should do?

… and the Iranians can't help their oriental predilection for violence, but some may view diplomacy in a better light than war or provocation.

Your racist comment about Orientals being fond of violence aside, what is driving Iran’s penchant for violence is their Islamic belief to take their religion to every corner of the earth. Has nothing to do with lineage.

Which begs the question … Why is it that the progressively challenged can’t call a spade a spade? Islamic aggression is what is driving the violence today just like it did during the Crusades. But you can’t call it that because Obama can’t?

Latest posts

Top Bottom