Obnoxious bikers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This always cracks me up when I see it because it's SUCH a BS excuse. If you are driving correctly you don't need to blast someone's ears out to get them to notice you.

Glad I could put a smile on your face. But unfortunately driving by your definition of "correctly" can get you run over. Some bikers wear bright orange/yellow vests, some rely on luck, I make noise.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the terminology lesson.

I am just a guy that rides a motorcycle because I enjoy it. I wear riding gear based on the conditions so if it is cold I might be in leathers and chaps. I am a fair weather rider, I see no reason to be miserable doing something I like to do. I don't consider myself a biker, I do get offended when I am grouped with people that behave poorly on motorcycles though. I don't wear fingerless gloves, I don't have tats, piercings, or facial hair. I do look odd at most bike rally's as I am not playing the part of a biker all dressed up, I'm just a guy riding a bike....

I do have a Harley, and it does have pipes, I see no reason to blip the throttle, and don't, it idles smoothly. I am very respectful of those around me and the noise I am making, I "putt" around most of the time. I didn't buy a Harley for the status, I bought it for the styling, no other bike matches the style of the Road King Classic, I looked long and hard before I spent more on a bike that from a technology perspective is somewhat less. I don't trash on folks for what kind of bike they buy or ride, it's all about enjoying what you are doing, I like all two wheelers, I've owned many, and all seem to put a smile on my face in some way.

Pretty much sums up my view as well. I love my harley. Love the way it sounds and feels. I don't like wearing leather unless it is really cold. The rest of the year I wear my textile jacket that has armored elbows shoulders. Always wear my helmet and safety glasses. Tinted in the day and clear at night. I have pipes on my bike, but they are not loud. Did it to reduce right leg heat and increase performance with great success. I usually only ride when the weather is pretty nice. I do it for enjoyment so I'm not going to suffer on my bike. Hope to take some longer trips with it and that is one of the reasons I bought it.

But, the street glide is the best looking Harley. The Road King Classic is a very close second. :D :P

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've riding for a while now, I have a crotch rocket and a nice exhaust on it. I guess y'all can consider me one of those "jerk" riders. I rev my engine in traffic and always ride with my high beam on. My objective is to be noticed, I want people to know I'm there because way too often folks in cars do not pay attention to smaller vehicles, or are playing with cell phones, applying makeup, etc. I do not ride like a retard or take chances, but ride in a manner that will get me home to my family instead of having some idiot cut in to my lane or pull out in front of me.

In the immortal words of bugs bunny "what a maroon."

If you're revving your loud engine around others so you'll be "noticed", we don't really care what your reasoning is. It's douchey. So long as you're cool with everyone around you thinking you're uncool and have a small penis, carry on! :D

Actually since I ride a sportbike I am not cool with his douchery, I get tired of being painted with the same brush.

This always cracks me up when I see it because it's SUCH a BS excuse. If you are driving correctly you don't need to blast someone's ears out to get them to notice you.

Werd +1

I was waiting for the loud pipes save lives crowd, it's a myth, ask trooper Ward Oliphant about that one, lights sirens and a horn on his OHP busa didn't keep him from getting swiped by a cage.

I have a loud pipe on my bike not because it's loud but because it equates to 8 more horsepower.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Please look out for bikers...I rode one as my sole means of transportation for over a year...fair weather rider my A**...Please look out for bikers.

With that said...get even if they jack with you.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can never convince the " Loud Pipes Saves Lives " crowd that there argument is false. I've given up trying, it is embedded in their DNA. I've ridden hundreds of thousands of miles on motorcycles in the last 25 years or so, all on Japanese motorcycles. There was a two year period of time that I didn't own a car or truck and rode every day in all kinds of weather. None of my bikes have had loud pipes, I ride for enjoy the world, not be numbed and fatigued from constant exposure to 110 db sound. I also wear a full face helmet and the appropriate safety gear for the weather, and ride like I'm invisible to everyone on the road.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can never convince the " Loud Pipes Saves Lives " crowd that there argument is false. I've given up trying, it is embedded in their DNA. I've ridden hundreds of thousands of miles on motorcycles in the last 25 years or so, all on Japanese motorcycles. There was a two year period of time that I didn't own a car or truck and rode every day in all kinds of weather. None of my bikes have had loud pipes, I ride for enjoy the world, not be numbed and fatigued from constant exposure to 110 db sound. I also wear a full face helmet and the appropriate safety gear for the weather, and ride like I'm invisible to everyone on the road.
My Harley is loud and at night deer look at me cause my sh$t is loud. They look at me and I see their eyes A long way off.
try that on your moped. Beep beep

Latest posts

Top Bottom