Odd sensations in thigh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basics......53, male, not fat but not in shape, minor back problems in the past.
Last week, lots of hours standing on scaffolding working with not much movement. Back flared up, chiropractor Tuesday this week, felt some better.
Today....drove hour north of Wichita, worked 4 hrs and drove back.
Last 30 minutes of drive and 3 hrs since I have a aching back along with the oddest sensation in my right thigh. Feels like my cell phone is on vibrate, stuck in a thigh pocket and some is calling me. Sensation of "buzzing" about every 15 - 45 seconds. It has subsided some after a steaming HOT bath.

Any ideas on what I have irritated? ???

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same thing but on my left side. I swear that damn cell phone is vibrating. Probably checked it 1000's times. I have two herniated and one ruptured disk in my lumbar spine. I can walk 10 miles but I cannot stand in the same spot without moving longer then 5 minutes before my whole leg goes numb. I have had some relief with the steroid injections. However they only last for about 4 to 5 months.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same thing but on my left side. I swear that damn cell phone is vibrating. Probably checked it 1000's times. I have two herniated and one ruptured disk in my lumbar spine. I can walk 10 miles but I cannot stand in the same spot without moving longer then 5 minutes before my whole leg goes numb. I have had some relief with the steroid injections. However they only last for about 4 to 5 months.

Are you left handed, by chance?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the numbness and tingling in my left thigh for over 30 years.
Started when I was in Korea.
Army said "We don't know." and on my exit physical said "we can't find anything" even though they never looked.

I've put up with it since then.

Had shoulder surgery two months ago and I think the recliner exacerbated the area.
It has been really bad the last 6 weeks.

Found some Aspercreme with 4% lidocaine at walmart. That seems to help.
Willow Balm from Tractor supply seems to help also.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom