Odd sensations in thigh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, God no. GOD no. I would never ever, EVER refer ANYONE to a chiropractor who was having paresthesias without a full workup first. Absolutely, totally, completely NOT.

I couldn't agree with this more. I was having some serious nerve problems with my leg and decided to visit a chiropractor (wonderful advice from friends). That visit tore me up and I ended up spending many months bed-ridden because of it.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats Your experience....he already said he was going to his Doc
Mine is...I spent many years going from Doc to Doc...you Know what I got....drugs
Finally went to a back cracker, it took a while, but he got it straight again...No drugs
Now, I just take the drugs
Like I said.....I am a construction worker.....thats just My experience....do with it as you please... ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats Your experience....he already said he was going to his Doc
Mine is...I spent many years going from Doc to Doc...you Know what I got....drugs
Finally went to a back cracker, it took a while, but he got it straight again...No drugs
Now, I just take the drugs
Like I said.....I am a construction worker.....thats just My experience....do with it as you please... ;)

That's cool... I am not against that at ALL. You had docs do a workup first, it sounds like. He needs some investigations to see if he's got something structurally wrong before someone goes manipulating his back. That's all I'm saying. I am not saying chiropractors are evil or unqualified or anything - but if you've got symptoms of a pinched or irritated nerve, I would want to know WHY before letting anyone do anything to it. I've seen people get messed up that way... seen some chiros (and docs, too, to be fair) do some crazy things. That's all.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back - thigh then it may progress to your feet. I have a 30° inward curvature in my lumbar region (otherwise I'd be 6'2") that's progressively worsened to the point that there's no space between the vertibraes there. 30 yrs ago it was back pain which sudsided and was replaced by numbness in the thigh 20 yrs ago. Now in the last 5 years, though the thigh is still numb, my toes went numb. Actually about half numb I'd say. And in the last year or so I began to have pains like being stuck w/a pin in my feet. Esp at night. The good side is there's practically no back pain anymore. The other good side is if I was told correctly is that this curvature usually doesn't evolve into a condition requiring surgery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom