Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I’m free on Saturday, you wanna come do mine...
Looks good RM!
If the logistics would work out, I’d be happy to do your skull, however, I won’t be back up there until Thanksgiving week.
I like doing them and do a few every year for friends and family. I’ve thought for several years about hanging out shingle and doing them for other people for money. I agreed to do one over the weekend for a friend of a friend, and when I finally got the head yesterday, it was about half rotten. I should have refused it at that point, but I didn’t. It’s going to turn out good in the end, but it was sure nasty to skin.:censored:
Needless to say, I’ve about decided the taxidermy business isn’t for me.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If the logistics would work out, I’d be happy to do your skull, however, I won’t be back up there until Thanksgiving week.
I like doing them and do a few every year for friends and family. I’ve thought for several years about hanging out shingle and doing them for other people for money. I agreed to do one over the weekend for a friend of a friend, and when I finally got the head yesterday, it was about half rotten. I should have refused it at that point, but I didn’t. It’s going to turn out good in the end, but it was sure nasty to skin.:censored:
Needless to say, I’ve about decided the taxidermy business isn’t for me.

You'd have my business, I loath doing them lol.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd have my business, I loath doing them lol.

I've done my last two bucks myself. Learned something new each time.

Here is this year's.

IMG_5376.jpg

Here it is with my last buck below it. I used Dawn soap this year and it cleaned up much better.

IMG_5349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a boiler using an element from a hot water tank. Simmers just under 100 degrees. It’s still a nasty job.

I bought a cheap hot plate from Walmart that basically does the same . . . never gets to a boil but still does the trick. Takes a little longer but that's fine with me. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom