Swivel stuf thread name?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a specific name for that gnarly thread swivel studs use? Is it just a coarse wood thread?

Looking at getting something made and trying to ensure it doesn't exist already.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly what are you looking for, Adam? You just needing a swivel stud, or something more exotic/custom? I might have something laying around.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to replace the front swivel stud with a spike. It's handy for digging into the top of tree branches or fence posts as a rest. Seems something like that would exist but I can't find one.

I figured if I could find a bolt that was the same thread, then a spike, I could weld it together and get what I want. I'll probably have to just sacrifice a stud.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t think wood screws have a particular thread pitch designation, just a size designation (#6x1-1/4”, #10x3”, etc). Just find a screw that looks close enough and it’ll probably work.

Your best bet would probably be in the specialty fasteners section, particularly the ones for furniture. I know they have double-ended screws for the finials on dining room chairs, f’rinstance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom