ODWC proposed changes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duck season is not, well it is in some spots (first 9 days of Rifle).

Hub

If your not using a rifled slug with your shotgun I don't think you'll have a problem while duck hunting the first 9 days of season, given you have all other liscense or tags or hip permits or?

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have always forced you to buy a deer tag if you were out during deer season with a rifle. That has been the law for as long as I can remember. This change will let you hunt with a rifle with a filled tag. It is an improvement but I can see where it still is not helping you any.

I missed the "filled" part. Yep, they actually relaxed things a little there.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's $20 for a tag. If you don't have $20 dollars to spare, maybe you should be hunting deer for food.

Your totally missing the point, I don't hunt deer why should I have to pay for a deer tag? I don't just drive around tossing $20 bills out the window, I am sure someone needs it but I am not going to do it.

It is bad enough that I have to pay the BS Legacy Permit (which they have now rolled into the price of a license), hunting, fishing, Federal duck stamp, OK duck stamp, and a Turkey tag to hunt birds that I hunt. Also the $40 extra each year I have to pay for a Land Access permit for Hanobia Creeks and 3 rivers WMAs.

Hub

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your totally missing the point, I don't hunt deer why should I have to pay for a deer tag? I don't just drive around tossing $20 bills out the window, I am sure someone needs it but I am not going to do it.

this is a double edged sword for the ODW. It will let them site anyone in the woods with a violation for hunting without a tag. Today's regulations let you skate by saying "I'm predator hunting" and they're legal as long as their not dragging a deer. It also lets predator hunters hunt after they have taken a deer, which is good.

If you had to give $20 bucks, it might as well be the ODW. A much more worthy expense than the $20 bucks for cookies I gave to the neighbor kids fund raiser (where the cookie maker took $16). Just my opinion.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"(k) The pursuit of feral hogs with a shotgun on private property is not restricted by shot size."

Is this saying that 00 buck would be legal on private land? Is it currently that way or is it a change?

"a shotgun and rifled slug"....what if it's a sabot that has no rifling? Just asking.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"(k) The pursuit of feral hogs with a shotgun on private property is not restricted by shot size."

Is this saying that 00 buck would be legal on private land? Is it currently that way or is it a change?

"a shotgun and rifled slug"....what if it's a sabot that has no rifling? Just asking.

Yep, sounds like buck will be legal finally for hogs. I know a lot of people carried it anyway and the wardens tended to overlook it but it will be nice to have it legal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom