Ohio Man Illegally Arrested for Open Carry Sparks $3M Lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was the last time anyone heard of a gang-banger or terrorist in the US openly carrying a handgun in a belt holster? And I didn't think Ohio required a permit to open carry.

If you have a CCW, what states do not require you to show it if the police ask for ID?

Strange situation because police officers actually responding to a call need to be able to gather information but according to Ohio law as stated it appears they were wrong to even ask his name. Frivolous lawsuits are a huge issue in this country and affect all of us in a huge way. The cops were wrong, a 3.6 million dollar lawsuit is moronic.

Does that law over rule you having to show your CCW if carrying?

Face it folks, either the law was badly written in which case the cops should not be sued but the yoyo that wrote it, or the guy stopped either did not know the law or was just wanting to play victim. Either way it was stupid and puts CCW holders in a bad light giving the gun grabbers a little more ammo.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law makes no sense here. BUT it is the officers job to follow and enforce the law as written not as they wish it was written. To ensure that there must be ramifications when the officers overstep, which under the current law they did here. And threatening a guy with bogus charges is low too.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. This aint no Utopia. He's lucky he's got all his teeth, no broken bones, that he did not "fall down" while in custody. The LEOs treated this guy real nice. Anybody whose ever had a run in with MPs has to agree with me.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strange situation because police officers actually responding to a call need to be able to gather information but according to Ohio law as stated it appears they were wrong to even ask his name. Frivolous lawsuits are a huge issue in this country and affect all of us in a huge way. The cops were wrong, a 3.6 million dollar lawsuit is moronic.

Really ? you dont really understand your "Rights" very well , do you?
While it was kinda "rebellious" to not want his rights violated, they were.
If someone doesnt stand up, it will be like below...papers please
Remember? Ignorance of the law is no excuse>
I believe the store owners should be included in the law suit
and I hope he gets $3.6 mil......jusayin

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really ? you dont really understand your "Rights" very well , do you?

Yes really! I understand my rights perfectly. Not a perfect world we live in, people including LEOs make mistakes. What the hell happend to comon sense? 3.6 million my ass! No different from the dirtbag taking a dive in Walmart on purpose and trying to sue for millions.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. This aint no Utopia. He's lucky he's got all his teeth, no broken bones, that he did not "fall down" while in custody. The LEOs treated this guy real nice. Anybody whose ever had a run in with MPs has to agree with me.

difference between M&P and LEO

LEO = May have to deal with a killers every once in a while
MILITARY = has to deal with TRAINED killers daily

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This...

I don't see anything frivolous about this lawsuit. In reality, it will probably get settled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom