OHP Moto Scooters and LIDAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just have to know how to be smooth when doing it. . . snap a picture of the building and while "reviewing" your previous picture snap one of the bikes, lol.

But lots of new squad cars and officers out on the roads anyway, saw quite a few cars parked on the side of the interstate by the I44 I35 interchange in OKC. . . saw at least five OHP squad cars and a county was sitting nearby.

Just so you know, there are less troopers on the road right now than there have ever been, except maybe back in the 40s ...

A few years of no academies plus a bunch of guys hitting 20 years equals fewer and fewer of those guys out and about. GC is in the sweet spot (and a lot of other guys too) right now. He has his 20 in and is "one bad day away from retirement". He's come close a couple of times so far this year but always talks himself out of it and goes back for more. He's terrified of Obamacare ... Insurance is the single most important deciding factor amongst the guys he works with as to whether they stay or whether they go at any given time. Several of the guys have retired and then come back as security guards specifically for the insurance benefit. I'm working real hard to keep that from happening with GC ... Once he's gone I want him to STAY gone ...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prolly right. :)

I like to think they both have good intentions. One just doesn't think things all the way through. Unfortunately the other one is overly paranoid and tends to over think things. I sorta hate them both. Lmao

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prolly right. :)

I like to think they both have good intentions. One just doesn't think things all the way through. Unfortunately the other one is overly paranoid and tends to over think things. I sorta hate them both. Lmao

BOTH of mine are that way ... makes for some INTERESTING internal conversations late, late at night! :D

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But lots of new squad cars and officers out on the roads anyway, saw quite a few cars parked on the side of the interstate by the I44 I35 interchange in OKC. . . saw at least five OHP squad cars and a county was sitting nearby.

SOP - I'm more surprised when I don't observe that collection at that location. Also, there's a crop of OHP newbies out there that just graduated a couple of weeks ago so the FTOs are trying to get them up to speed.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess they traded the Busa's for these? Last I saw they had added Busa's to their patrol but that might have just been for interstate patrol only. I know they just graduated a class not too long ago, so more troopers on the roads is a sure thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom