OHP Radar Band

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the Radar has the right features and the officer knows what he is doing, radar detectors are useless.

Not true...if he radars the guy in front of you then you get a warning before you get busted; that is 50% of the time so it is still worth it to get the warning from the detector verses not. But yes, otherwise I agree, if it is you by yourself speeding, the detector just lets you know you've been caught. Speeding tickets are another form of revenue collection. A guy doing 72 in a 60 is not the same as a guy doing 92 in a 60...I don't see how these cops live with themselves KNOWING the speed limits are intentionally set too low to increase revenue; meanwhile, THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE LAW AND THE COPS THAT ENFORCE IT will most likely never have to pay for speeding themselves...it is like living in Russia...any cop who claims to be a republican and busts people for stuff he does himself (such as speeding) is serving the totalitarians of the left. That's my opinion.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The speed limits are created by traffic highway safety engineers and the City, County, State. The cop has nothing to say about it and no, he DOES NOT know the speed limits are intentionally set too low to increase revenue.

The cop is out there being paid by your taxes to write those tickets that the jurisdiction having authority tells him to do. Don't like the speed limits, do whatever is necessary to get them changed. At one time the speed limit was 55 on the interstate, then it got changed to 70. It can be done.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not true...if he radars the guy in front of you then you get a warning before you get busted; that is 50% of the time so it is still worth it to get the warning from the detector verses not. But yes, otherwise I agree, if it is you by yourself speeding, the detector just lets you know you've been caught. Speeding tickets are another form of revenue collection. A guy doing 72 in a 60 is not the same as a guy doing 92 in a 60...I don't see how these cops live with themselves KNOWING the speed limits are intentionally set too low to increase revenue; meanwhile, THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE LAW AND THE COPS THAT ENFORCE IT will most likely never have to pay for speeding themselves...it is like living in Russia...any cop who claims to be a republican and busts people for stuff he does himself (such as speeding) is serving the totalitarians of the left. That's my opinion.

one of the tv news did a article of HP blasting down the highway.
caught up with him, it was the driving instructor ...late for a class

his reason...ya i should have left a little earlier...g'day

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And to whoever said we should adopt Texas' 80 MPH speed limit... HECK NO!
I'm an ASE cert. mechanic and when I was doing that before college... I'd guess less than 50% of the vehicles I saw were fit for that speed, much less when you take into consideration the driver's competence.

Since the vehicle's fitness is a direct reflection on the driver's competence (with the possible exception of rentals and company cars) go ahead and raise it, then let the laws of nature take their course.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The day I posted this, I told my wife to keep an eye out for the Po-Po. It was obviously quota week.

The very next day, she's clocked doing 40 in a school zone! Doh! I'm sure you guys in BA are familiar with this school zone - it's about 100-feet long on Kenosha just west of Lynn Lane. Its about as useful as the one on 21st east of Harvard.

Granted, she got a well-deserved ticket. No day dreaming through school zones, honey. And the cop gave her a break because her honesty and forthrightness made him laugh. They talked about her CC gun and had a nice visit. Only wrote her up for nine over.

Sent from my underground command post using war drums and morse code. Now free!

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are 6-8 HP between el Reno and weatherford at all times....there's your radar detector.

I have a cheap cobra detector, it's saved me from a few tickets. More than paid for itself.

And as far as adopting TX policies, we should adopt the no semi trailers in the left lane like they have in/around Austin & San Antonio.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So we should get rid of all speed limits since all they are for is revenue collection? That would go over great when somebody speeds through your neighborhood at 60+mph on a daily basis. Or how about 90+mph next to your kids schools? Speed limits are set based on what is safe for that section of road. They also help keep people at similar speeds. Are there areas that could use a higher speed limit? Yes, however it is just silly to say the only purpose of speed limits is to generate revenue.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we should get rid of all speed limits since all they are for is revenue collection? That would go over great when somebody speeds through your neighborhood at 60+mph on a daily basis. Or how about 90+mph next to your kids schools? Speed limits are set based on what is safe for that section of road. They also help keep people at similar speeds. Are there areas that could use a higher speed limit? Yes, however it is just silly to say the only purpose of speed limits is to generate revenue.

Heres you answer ..across the board... let the laws of nature take their course.

Too much of this ...doing it for the kids , to protect the people..... For What?
Someone elses profit , No Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom