OK County Court Clerk withholds funds from tax return for 2000 ticket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recieved a letter friday saying that the court clerk had retained part of my return. Haven't had a ticket in over 2 years and the last was for a seatbelt violation. Call this morning to find out what it was for. Clerk informs me that it is for a ticket from 2000!!!:yikes2: So I look it up. File shows nothing other than the ticket being entered in 2000, then in May of 2010 it shows a reassignment, May of 2012 a Bench Warrent for failure to appear. No letters to me about any of this!!:scratch: I recall the getting the ticket for expired tag and know I took care of it. Was told unless I have a reciept to prove it there is nothing that can be done.

So, 12 years later a $15 ticket, that I know I paid has now cost me $232.05. Plus, I still have a bench warrent until the funds clear their system....check back in a week!!:grumble:

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I've heard of this happening, even worse in Dallas, TX they have cameras at every intersection, they give out tickets to motorists who run red lights. if you pay it it's $75 contest it and it's $200 they say you can't argue with the camera.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to check and see if your license has been suspended too. It's not uncommon for a bench warrant to be issued for failure to appear and then a notice is sent to DPS suspending your license till the case is cleared.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recieved a letter friday saying that the court clerk had retained part of my return. Haven't had a ticket in over 2 years and the last was for a seatbelt violation. Call this morning to find out what it was for. Clerk informs me that it is for a ticket from 2000!!!:yikes2: So I look it up. File shows nothing other than the ticket being entered in 2000, then in May of 2010 it shows a reassignment, May of 2012 a Bench Warrent for failure to appear. No letters to me about any of this!!:scratch: I recall the getting the ticket for expired tag and know I took care of it. Was told unless I have a reciept to prove it there is nothing that can be done.

So, 12 years later a $15 ticket, that I know I paid has now cost me $232.05. Plus, I still have a bench warrent until the funds clear their system....check back in a week!!:grumble:

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

I can sure see where something like this could come back to bite a person, but here is my question -------- How does the COUNTY CLERK have any authority/legal jurisdiction to withhold any part of a person's tax return??????

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can sure see where something like this could come back to bite a person, but here is my question -------- How does the COUNTY CLERK have any authority/legal jurisdiction to withhold any part of a person's tax return??????

Good question!! Then the tax commission charged a % for the filing!

I think I'll request a copy of the ticket proving I ever owed it to begin with!

Latest posts

Top Bottom