OK, for those of who couldn't get in on the Rugdr deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could have got in on the Ruger GP100 deal that is going on, they seem to be great for the price. However, this time of the year hits us hard with school and all. Well I got to say after all these pics and talk I feel I need to get one sooner or later so that I can compare it to my S&W Model 27 and Colt Python.

And oh yeah, I got ammo to shoot through mine when the time comes.:lmfao:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got bullets too!! You need not worry yourself over those with what you just shared. Those are a couple of "World Class" revolvers, no shame there!!!!

Leighton

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No comparison to those, I have a newer brusher stainless python with the rubber grips (have to look for some nice wood ones) may have to pull it out of the safe & shoot it. The gp100 I got has a couple of goud gouges out of it, they will not buff out but for what I wanted it for no problem here. Can toss it under the seat with no worries

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure would like to have a Colt Python. In fact that is the first pistol I EVER shot. My Grandad and Uncle use to have a collection of Python's. Man I wish they still had them. How long is the barrel on yours and is it blued or SS?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sumo, they won't compare with your Model 27 or Python. They have their attributes and make very fine guns, but are not quite in the same class as those. They might be as tough and long lasting as that 27 but not as smooth in the action and handling dept. And the Python? Well it's in a class of it's own, nothing compares.

Edit to add: They are however a gun you can shoot all you want. So I guess it does have something over those two because I wouldn't want to shoot either one of those classics too much.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I a afraid to shoot the Python much since there are not many gunsmiths I would trust working on it, and the ones that I would are backed up about 3 years. The Python is blue 4" nrl with factory walnut grips and a set of checkered Jordan style Zebra or Sandlewood.

The Model 27 is a 5" brl, blue, some holster wear and wears a set of AAhrends grips since my dad lost the factory grips and box long ago. No worries on that because I will not be letting that 27 go. I would like to find a set of smooth factory Presentation griops for it though. It shoots lights out with .38 spcl or .357 mag. I need to load some of both up soon as I realized I only have about 3oo rds of both right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom