Ok this is just too cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what happens when you run the copper through the magnet.

one of two things that might happen:

1. you and things that are in a 10' circle will go back to 1985
2. black hole effect

also something that i deal with everyday, that relates to your question, have you ever cut up a speaker?

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
one of two things that might happen:

1. you and things that are in a 10' circle will go back to 1985
2. black hole effect

also something that i deal with everyday, that relates to your question, have you ever cut up a speaker?

yes. they are surprisingly simple. and if i remember correctly, i do not remember where, but there was some article or show on the speaker. and they said that since its invention way back when, the speaker is one of the least changed modern electronic device. they have not really found a better way to make a speaker or a better type than basically an electro magnet and a diaphragm. they only real accomplishment they said was to be able to make them very small.

anyone else recall this? or am i just blowing smoke?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, I tried it at work this morning.8 inch long piece of 1.5 inch copper pipe and some magnets holding a calendar to the wall. Didn't work, must need those rare earth magnets.

I nabbed some of those magnets from my wife's stash and brought them to work. I have a piece of copper pipe about 2 feet long. I started wondering if it was going to ever drop out of the pipe. I will bring it out to the OKC Eat and Shoot Saturday if anyone wants to play with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom