Sometimes I hate dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After tugging on your heartstrings for 12+ years and becoming a part of the family, they sometimes (ultimately) get sick. One day they seem normal and the next day they are deathly ill with a uterine infection, including blood sepsis. Too sick for surgery to remove the uterus and too sick to even make it through to the next morning. Death by sepsis is ugly and painful. There aren't very many options, one being euthanasia. This is the second time I've had to put a family pet down. I may not ever get another one. I don't know yet.

Damn it! It pisses me off to no end.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to vent a bit.

ETA: get your female dogs spayed when they are young. I don't really hate dogs.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

My wife says that when we lose Bear, she is going to have to put me in therapy. She’s probably not wrong.

IMG_5255.jpeg
IMG_4782.jpeg

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to put my Dobie down when he was 14. Best friend I ever had....seriously.... by my side every minute. I rescued him from a very abusive owner and you could literally feel his appreciation. My heart goes out to anyone that has to pull the plug on a loved one because just putting that dog down still kills me 10 years later. One thing about it though, I think it woulda been harder on him if I went first. My condolences.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lost 2 15 year best friends in the last 5 years. Have a year old one now I'd like to kill some days but he's growing on me. I like dogs way more than people. Seems to be reciprocated. I hate that you lost yours.
Yep, their a true gift from God. Go away for 15 minutes and when you return they go crazy loving on you. Leave a cat for 6 months and they wont even get up when you get back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom