ok, who are the Ford 4.6 DOHC ecperts here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And in 1998 to 2010 Ford Crown Victoria's. The pre-2003's had a plastic throttle body that was notorious for failing. Ford replaced with aluminum as a cure. For a number of years Ford would warrant out the parts and labor for the plastics; no more since about 2008 or so.

A good solid engine.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought a 93 mark III with 4.6 Dohc that I am going to put in a 67 swb pickup. What mods can I do to this engine to produce more Hp before Install. Don't want a drag racer just a good peppy street ride. Looking to put maybe around 1 k in motor. Motor runs fine as it is.

You need to hit up Nolan.... GunsNCars... he has built several MkIII's to be quite fast.

I've built a few mod motors, but no DOHC, only SOHC, so anything below the heads, I'm happy to help with what I can.

Guns N' Cars

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMRC Deletes, 98 Cobra Intake Set Up, 03/04 Cobra Intake Cams, definitely some gears.

Are you swapping the harness over as well or are you using a standalone?

MSD has a nice standalone ecu that's tuneable, and Bauman has a great stand alone system for the 4R70W Trans.

Way front end are you using, several folks use the 05 Continental front subframe.

PM me if you need anything, I'm don't log in much lately due to my schedule.

Good luck, should be a fun project!

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want to go cleanest and easiest route for wiring harness. I have the harness and computer that came with Lincoln. The front suspension is out of a 2004 in think police interceptor. I don't mind spending a little money on harness, I want it right the first time. I am putting a Dakota Digital dash in pickup so it will meed to work with that.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want to go cleanest and easiest route for wiring harness. I have the harness and computer that came with Lincoln. The front suspension is out of a 2004 in think police interceptor. I don't mind spending a little money on harness, I want it right the first time. I am putting a Dakota Digital dash in pickup so it will meed to work with that.

I don't see you getting into a stand alone system under $1000 unless there is a five finger discount involved. :)

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it simple. Separate "must haves" and "nice to haves". You can always add later after the truck hits the road. We have done several 4.6l dohc swaps at the shop so we can tell you exactly what it takes. There are a lot of "must have" things that people don't think about ... Driveshaft, fuel system, trans mount, coolers ... etc etc
You are welcome to give me a call at the shop of you have any questions.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI, a 93 already has the most aggressively-tuned PCM of any year Mark. I have had 3 Mark VIIIs, and my base 93 was faster than even my 96 LSC with the lower gears, trac-loc, true dual exh., etc.

If anyone is interested, both of these cars are for sale. The 93 is wrecked in the side, and the 96 LSC's tranny has burned up the 3-4 clutch. Somebody could put the 93's tranny in the 96 and have a good car, or both would make great donors for projects. I would take $900 for both.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good info here for you. I want to see some pics of your project. Would love to do an old Ford pickup with a newer DOHC engine and crown vic front end. Good luck and keep us updated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom