OKC Area - Fancy Restaurant Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mahogany in Tulsa, on Yale between 61st and 71st. Hands down the best 5-star around. Dinner for two will be 100-150 without drinks. I take my mom and wife there once a year for birthday and anniversary. WELL worth it. There's one in OKC on Memorial west of Quail Springs too.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deep fork grill is the shiznit! We had ribeye and scallops, and it was incredible. Best dining experience of my life (most expensive too, lol, $100ish for my wife and I entrees, appetizer, dessert, and wine)

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're looking for a Ruth's Chris-type place, I'd recommend The Ranch or Boulevard Steakhouse. Both will serve a top notch steak, but they style is a little different. The Ranch adds a seasoning crust that complements the steaks flavor, but doesn't interfere with it. I don't like a whole lot of seasoning on my steaks, but theirs is perfect. Boulevard adds very little to theirs, probably just some salt and pepper and butter. Their side dishes are a little different, so are their apps. Both have a solid wine list, a good bar and good dessert. Both restaurants, and most others, publish their menus on their websites with prices. You can basically build your dinner before you go and know how much you're going to spend before going in. Some prices and items may differ, but it will get you close. We usually spend $250-350'ish on a dinner at both places. That covers, on average, 2 top shelf cocktails, a $60-80 bottle of wine, an appetizer, 2 steaks, 2-3 sides, 1 or 2 desserts and a 20-30% tip.

If you want to hit a lower price point and still get great food and service, look at the Mantle, in Bricktown. It's not a steakhouse and I would recommend other items on their menu aside from their steaks, but the service and food are both excellent. The dining room can be loud and a little crowded as it's small, and often full, but it's worth it. I usually get their duck or a seafood dish. The fish they have on special is usually brought in fresh from the supplier, never frozen. Not all the fish on their menu will be fresh, but the weekly specials usually are. Their chef does a good job matching sides and sauces with all of their dishes. Their steaks are good, but I just think they do a better job on other menu items. I think we usually spend under $200 there. Their dishes are priced a little lower and the sides are included with the main course. That saves $25-30 alone. I would recommend going on a weekday because they are VERY crowded on the weekends. Definitely make a reservation. They're small and well liked. I'd make a reservation for any restaurant that allows it, but especially for this one. They also offer free valet parking. Also, this is NOT Mickey Mantles. I think that place is overrated and overpriced.

Nonna's used to be a very good option as well. I worked their for a few years, ending around Jan or '10. I haven't been there since, so I can't fully recommend them. They took away some of my favorite menu items, so I don't feel 100% comfortable throwing my word behind your $200-300 without eating there in 3 years. It used to be up there with my recommendation alongside The Ranch and Boulevard. The dining room is VERY nice, especially if you go during the week when it's not as loud. Definitely eat downstairs if you go, and have dessert upstairs. Hell, if you go to the Mantle for dinner, consider Nonnas for dessert. Their desserts are made in house and VERY good, and their Purple Bar (the upstairs) is a pretty cool place. They're definitely worth a shot and were well worth it a few years back.

So, the short way of listing the above comments:
Boulevard or The Ranch, different but equal. More spendy
Nonna's, possibly, if it's what it used to be.
The Mantle, less upscale table setup, more casual service but still every bit fine dining. Great but look beyond steaks.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my wife to Mantle's on our anniversary. Had heard good stuff and figured we would try something different.

Far from impressive. Service was great. Food was "eh".

Room was very loud, even with only about half the table occupied. Even seated next to each other it was difficult to talk and be heard.

Every time the bar door opened, the cigar smoke from the bar filled the dining room.

Steak was fair, but I still give Cattleman's the edge for taste and consistency, not to mention at about 1/2 the price.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom