Okc closed gunshop leaves records on ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who's at fault now with both owners deceased, the store closed and the kids probably unaware of the law? Is the ATF supposed to check back in with FFL holders when they close down shop or don't renew their FFL?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So who's at fault now with both owners deceased, the store closed and the kids probably unaware of the law? Is the ATF supposed to check back in with FFL holders when they close down shop or don't renew their FFL?

Man, I dunno. I'm not even sure any laws have been broken if there were no 4473s involved. Good question.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who ya' gonna call? Everyone is dead. The store is required to ship all the 4473s back to the ATF and there was no mention of ATF forms in the story. Personally, I'm worried about payroll info. Still, everyone that you could say was "at fault," is dead.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who ya' gonna call? Everyone is dead. The store is required to ship all the 4473s back to the ATF and there was no mention of ATF forms in the story. Personally, I'm worried about payroll info. Still, everyone that you could say was "at fault," is dead.

Well, that answers all those questions. Still, if anyone WAS still around what would you charge them with, I wonder. I'm not even sure a civil suit would be worth the trouble, unless you could prove a link between these specific records and identity theft.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there are any 4473s in the pile, could the BATFE be held respondsible in any form(.gov agency?)

BTW, IIRC wasn't Baker made an officer in the OKC PD?

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An agent with the ATF says after the store closed, the trustees turned over 379 boxes of 4473 forms.

Those forms have information about the gun owner, guns they own and allows the ATF to trace firearms. If there are any more of those forms in the pile they are property of the ATF.

From the story....Damn, sounds like registry.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An agent with the ATF says after the store closed, the trustees turned over 379 boxes of 4473 forms.

Those forms have information about the gun owner, guns they own and allows the ATF to trace firearms. If there are any more of those forms in the pile they are property of the ATF.

From the story....Damn, sounds like registry.
Nothing new actually. A guy at Atwoods told me they have to keep those forms for 20 years. So... :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom