Okc closed gunshop leaves records on ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An agent with the ATF says after the store closed, the trustees turned over 379 boxes of 4473 forms.

Those forms have information about the gun owner, guns they own and allows the ATF to trace firearms. If there are any more of those forms in the pile they are property of the ATF.

From the story....Damn, sounds like registry.

The bold is mine, and IMHO, you're exactly correct. It is a backdoor sort of registry.
I'm betting those are added to a database somewhere.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Credit card slips for many years now show only the last four digits of the card number. Credit card slips old enough to have the entire number printed on them are likely not still valid these many years later. Cancelled checks? The people who wrote them may have already passed on. 4473's from many years ago used as a sort of back door gun registry?? Is Alex Jones in on this?? The ATF does not have the manpower nor the man hours necessary for such a thing. A tempest in a tea pot....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Credit card slips for many years now show only the last four digits of the card number. Credit card slips old enough to have the entire number printed on them are likely not still valid these many years later. Cancelled checks? The people who wrote them may have already passed on. 4473's from many years ago used as a sort of back door gun registry?? Is Alex Jones in on this?? The ATF does not have the manpower nor the man hours necessary for such a thing. A tempest in a tea pot....
Just takes a few seconds to scan a document into a database, and it only takes one person to do thousands a day.
I agree when having to hand enter, it would take forever, but not today.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just takes a few seconds to scan a document into a database, and it only takes one person to do thousands a day.
I agree when having to hand enter, it would take forever, but not today.
...and ATF agents have already been documented as doing this.
http://freedomoutpost.com/atf-agent...ple-times-threatens-owner-license-revocation/
https://www.gunowners.org/news02042013c.htm
https://twg2a.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/goa-background-checks-atfs-illegal-copying-of-4473-forms/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! I joined Fred's gun-a-month club back before he moved from

I ain't dead and I paid by check! Started buying guns from Fred when he had the little place at 23rd and McArthur. Over the years I guess I bought at least 100+ from him. They could have at least hauled the stuff to the dump to be interred under grass clippings and bagged dog poo.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! I joined Fred's gun-a-month club back before he moved from

I ain't dead and I paid by check! Started buying guns from Fred when he had the little place at 23rd and McArthur. Over the years I guess I bought at least 100+ from him. They could have at least hauled the stuff to the dump to be interred under grass clippings and bagged dog poo.

Haha! I remember that itty-bitty store. You didn't have room to fart in there!

I used to see Fred at breakfast at Olde Orchard every once in a while. I kinda miss the old fart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom