OKC transmission shop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a GM 2500HD 6.0 6 speed automatic, getting long in the tooth...225,000 miles. Past couple of days reverse has been wonky..hesitates, then clunks into reverse. Well today, reverse is completely gone. All six forward gears are completely normal operation, in normal and tow mode.

Quick google search of course shows anything from simple broken parking pawl fix to total rebuild. Anyone willing to recommend a trans shop that will properly diagnose the issue, and not just want to drop a complete rebuilt transmission in?

I certainly don't mind doing a new transmission if thats really what it will require, by the same token I don't want to spend $4,000 if $800 will give it another 75,000 miles.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a GM 2500HD 6.0 6 speed automatic, getting long in the tooth...225,000 miles. Past couple of days reverse has been wonky..hesitates, then clunks into reverse. Well today, reverse is completely gone. All six forward gears are completely normal operation, in normal and tow mode.

Quick google search of course shows anything from simple broken parking pawl fix to total rebuild. Anyone willing to recommend a trans shop that will properly diagnose the issue, and not just want to drop a complete rebuilt transmission in?

I certainly don't mind doing a new transmission if thats really what it will require, by the same token I don't want to spend $4,000 if $800 will give it another 75,000 miles.
I only one good shop but it's in Broken Arrow. OK

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Custom Transmissions on SE 59 did me right on my Ford Ranger trans. After an overhaul the bearing started to go out in the torque converter while in warranty. They didn't hesitate to replace it again at no charge. I'd use them again.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you get to Edmond. Go see Joe Anderson at broadway transmission. My truck is in there now. Between my son and some friends,this is the fourth time I've dealt with Joe. Great cash prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom