Oklahoma City area game processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I do sometime. But when I have a huge load of boned out meat I get lazy because I lack the time honestly and just haul it in. I still make all my own breakfast sausage and do make my own summer and brats when time allows.
It does take a little time. I've been using my grinder as a sausage stuffer forever. It works great, but mushes up the cheese, and doesn't give the texture I like to see.
Last year I bought one of the dedicated sausage stuffers from Cabella's for $100 that does 5 lb at a time, and holy crap, you can run out enough sausage in a few hours to last all year, and the cheese, etc stays intact, not getting mushed up. Best $100 I've spent for awhile.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
they are high but thee meat is all vacuum packed and it last a long time. super fast though, a buddy got a doe with his bow friday night. we were thinking it might take longer with mz and all. they called and said it was ready tuesday afternoon

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does take a little time. I've been using my grinder as a sausage stuffer forever. It works great, but mushes up the cheese, and doesn't give the texture I like to see.
Last year I bought one of the dedicated sausage stuffers from Cabella's for $100 that does 5 lb at a time, and holy crap, you can run out enough sausage in a few hours to last all year, and the cheese, etc stays intact, not getting mushed up. Best $100 I've spent for awhile.

I've been wanting to get into making my own, and was considering a grinder attachment, but may go with a dedicated sausage stuffer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom