Oklahoma City GC 3-gun 1/16/2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this one. I have all the gear if I can figure out how to set it all up on my belt. Pistol mag pouches, shotgun shell holders and ar mag holders all on one belt? I guess from Jesse's earlier post I can just get one mag extension for the pistol and shoot one mag and get rid of the pistol mag holders. That will free up a lot of space.

I run holster at 3:00, 3 6-round shotgun caddies from 11:00 - 1:00, 2 pistol mags at about 10:00 and 9:00, and an AR mag at 7:00ish. My main pistol now has a cap of 20, back when I was running 8 round 1911 mags I usually carried 6+ mags. Which made things crowded. The caddies will be going to 4 4-rounders before long.

CR Speed belt makes everything waaaay easier!

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also know where you can get a like new M1 with an 18" barrel that accepts chokes. The barrel has rifle sights. The seller is asking $900.

A little out of my reach right now, but I may be interested later.

Is an 18" barrel going to be enough?
How many shells minimum should you be loading at 1 time, 7, 8, 10?
Which tube extension will end flush on an 18", a +3?

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tony, don't worry about the magazine extension fitting flush with the end of the barrel. Having a choked barrel is MUCH more important. I shoot an 18.5" barrelled M1 Benelli with a +5 extension. You want to end up with 8 in the tube.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tony, don't worry about the magazine extension fitting flush with the end of the barrel. Having a choked barrel is MUCH more important. I shoot an 18.5" barrelled M1 Benelli with a +5 extension. You want to end up with 8 in the tube.

I know I worded my question wrong but I was more concerned about the accuracy of 18" vs longer (need all the help I can get). The extension fitting flush is just asthetics.

Is 8 in the tube a class rule?
Does more than 8 put you in open class?
With your +5 extension do you have to run a plug to limit it to 8?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In tactical you can hold 8+1 before the beep. The Accuracy of a shotgun isn't an issue. The pattern of your shot is the issue. Sure your shot is going to slow quicker from an 18" barrel but it will also spread faster too which can be good on wide open close targets and bad on far off small targets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom